Nav Bar issue and Saving issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nav Bar issue and Saving issue

Update to my previous post...The nav bar is still acting up. I made some changes to my site and the bar started acting this way. You cannot see the left button until you mouse over it. I have no idea what is going on with it. I have created a new bar, and the same issue is happening. What is wrong?

Also, I now cannot save any of my pages. I get an error message that the page could not be saved. I wish I knew how to fix these things. Can someone help me please? Sorry for the duplicate post, but I'm in a time crunch now.

www.manheimne.com/manheim.php

Re: Nav Bar issue and Saving issue

Sounds like you BV program is messing up, close the builder, it will ask you to save all the pages then. And download a fresh copy of BV, you will not loose any of your work. Then you should be able to make the corrections.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I resolved the saving issues. One of the pages somehow contiued running in the background after I closed it. My nav bar is still a problem. I don't know what to do about this problem. Still only seeing a white box on the first button on the left. Please take a look and give me any feedback.

Comment

Yes I see it, not sure why it is doing that. Couldn't get any idea from the code either. By chance you didn't copy and paste on e button over and over did you? Sometimes that will mess things up. Maybe someone else will have an idea of whats going on.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I did copy and paste the entire nav bar throughout the whole sit...12 pages. Maybe that is the problem because when I publish just the one page I created the bar in originally, it looks fine. But once I publish the pages the nav bar was copied to, all of the bars have the white box. I will try creating a seperate nav bar on each page and see what happens. If you think of anything else, let me know. This site needs to be completely operational by weeks end. At least there's no pressure on me!!! Thanks for the help.

Comment

Make a page with all your navigation ..headers ..footers.. anything that you want on all pages.. and save it as Main, Template, whatever with a default extension. Dont save as the template extension ..just a regular page...

Now open this page and CLONE it, or save as index or whatever, copy and paste in your text..instert pictures etc. save publish.. now open the main page or whatever you called and start over. Long as you save as .... or clone.....your templated page will be available for the next use. Nav buttons will publish correctly etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
              Make a page with all your navigation ..headers ..footers.. anything that you want on all pages.. and save it as Main, Template, whatever with a default extension. Dont save as the template extension ..just a regular page...

Now open this page and CLONE it, or save as index or whatever, copy and paste in your text..instert pictures etc. save publish.. now open the main page or whatever you called and start over long as you save as .... or clone.....your templated page will be available for the next use. Nav buttons will publish correctly etc.

Karen
              Took the words right out of my mouth...
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for all your help with this. I am first going to make a new nav bar on every page individually. I hope this works because I really don't want to go through copy/pasting/resaving/renaming 12-14 pages. I will if I have to, though. Again, thanks everyone. You've been lifesavers.

Comment

Working...
                X