text highlighting not wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text highlighting not wanted

Some of the text (white color) in some of my pages have a white highlight causing the text to not be able to be seen. The highlight shows in my .bvp files too and I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

I published all my pages. If you go to my website, you'll see what I mean. www.MindBenderArchitects.com
    You can refer to the following pages:
    1. Residential portfolio
    2. Commercial Portfolio
    3. Firm Profile
    4. Personnel
    5. Contact Us

What do I do to get rid of the highlighting?

Re: text highlighting not wanted

You're saying that the background color icon isn't working? Normally, doing the "reset background" from the icon will give you a transparent background.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

I don't think it's a "background" setting issue because when I double click my text window, the background looks like it's black. I only see the white highlight over the text. But when you say to "reset background from the icon" where are you referring to (what icon)? I don't see that option anywhere? I see "automatic" under the "text properties-general" settings. That's where I have it set (it shows black). I tried to manually set the background to black within that icon option, but it won't let me, it just stays on automatic.

You can go to my website www.mindbenderarchitects.com to see what I mean and reference any of the following pages:
      1. Residential portfolio
      2. Commercial Portfolio
      3. Firm Profile
      4. Personnel
      5. Contact Us

One bit of EVIDENCE - If I just type in text the highlight doesn't appear. But if I highlight the text to change its properties in any way, then the white highlight appears.

Comment

So you're right-clicking on the text box and going from there. What I do is highlight the text I want to change (click drag), and use the background icon at the top of the screen. The font color itself is the icon that looks like: A. The background icon is next to it on the right; it's just a colored square. That's where you find the "reset" I was talking about.

As far as the background looking black when you click on it, that color really depends on the color of the page background. In my case, my type boxes always highlight green because my page is green. In other words, it's a temporary illusion. My real text backgrounds are transparent.

Hope that helps.
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

When you double click the text and highlight it, the icon next to the font color (the "A" with the color under it) will become active select reset back ground. Save and republish. When you look at it on line make sure you hit F5 several times to clear your cashe and that you are seeing the latest version.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Oh Geez.
            Why didn't I see that? So simple yet so far...
            Thank you much

Comment

finally!!!!! Success.
              Reguards
              Ed
              www.dsondesigns.com
              www.marseillesyouthsports.com
              www.300hitter.com
              www.bigjk.net
              How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment