Creating a member database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a member database

I checked the headings for all other active forums and could mot find any that could directly relate to my question.

I want to create a membership forum where people interested in my business could create a username and password, and have the ability to log in and out an account set up. I checked the tutorials and could not locate one that shows a step by step process for completing this. I would like to have site members also have the ability to change a password, personal profile, add profile, request emails, have access to various features, shopping, reminders, etc.

Am I required to set up anything in my control panel prior to this? Like an email?

Thanks a bunch for helping this beginner.

Site not complete yet. #31499

Re: Creating a member database

You might want to look at building a cms site..like joomla, drupal, phpnuke etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen,

I have done some research on those services. So what your saying is for what I need to set up, I would fare better with something other than Blue Voda to host my site. Is it possible to use BV for hosting and download the Joomla platform software. Or is that not possible?

I guess BV is not providing a CMS. I just need someone to go over my options with me, and it seems the CMS services can do both hosting and content management.

All a bit confusing. Anyone, please jump in.

Comment

Yes.. you can install JOOMLA thru VODA HOST in your cpanel..fantastico

BV is a website builder.. and it means just that.. you would have to ADD scripts and code them into your pages to do all of that. You could do that if you knew all the scripting or you wanted to PAY to have it done.. no problem. Naval is good ..so is Watdaflip...

But.. with taking the time to LEARN alot of these functions already exist in those other platforms i mentioned.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X