This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make a log in option

I have a page on my site that requires people to agree to the rules before they are sent to the next page. I am trying to fix it to where the person only has to agree once, not each time they go to the page. Is there a way to put a login where they can create a password where it will remember them each time they go to the rule page they can log in instead of agree to the terms? I hope I did not say this in a confusing way. I have looked at the password protect threads but I want everyone to be able to access it once they create their own password and agree to the terms. It is not for the whole website just for one section. Please help. The link to view is http://www.sherdenonline.com/chat_disclaimer.html
    Mary

www.sherdenonline.com

Re: how to make a log in option

Ok first off, please check vodahost TOS if you are planning on using a chat board. as you indicate on your disclaimer THE CHAT ROOMS ARE PROVIDED if you have them on a different server that allows them then that is ok. but as you want the login from your vodahost account then i would think again. maybe a forum would be more to suit which would offer what you want anyway.

Secondly there are scripts around that do paid and free memebership which use databases to give each user there own username and password, unlike the password protected directory in cpanel which only allows only one.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thank you for the advice I went back through the tos and then checked with the chat room service I was going to be using. You can put it on your site or link to their server. I still want to have my own terms of service on my webpage and have them log in and link to that server, so I will find a script for logins. Is there any restrictions if I use a script that needs a database. Am I allowed to add a data base in mysql for this? I am so new to all this I a sorry for all the questions. When I find a script where will i need to upload it. Is there a certain file?
      Mary

www.sherdenonline.com

Comment

Originally posted by mshupert1 View Post
        I have a page on my site that requires people to agree to the rules before they are sent to the next page. I am trying to fix it to where the person only has to agree once, not each time they go to the page. Is there a way to put a login where they can create a password where it will remember them each time they go to the rule page they can log in instead of agree to the terms? I hope I did not say this in a confusing way. I have looked at the password protect threads but I want everyone to be able to access it once they create their own password and agree to the terms. It is not for the whole website just for one section. Please help. The link to view is http://www.sherdenonline.com/chat_disclaimer.html
        Try doing a search and look at the video tutorials for control panel or you can check out the posts in

Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
        Aguycanbeachhostel
        Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Originally posted by mshupert1 View Post
          Thank you for the advice I went back through the tos and then checked with the chat room service I was going to be using. You can put it on your site or link to their server. I still want to have my own terms of service on my webpage and have them log in and link to that server, so I will find a script for logins. Is there any restrictions if I use a script that needs a database. Am I allowed to add a data base in mysql for this? I am so new to all this I a sorry for all the questions. When I find a script where will i need to upload it. Is there a certain file?
          You can achieve all of the above by doing the following:

by using the 3rd party chat system, you avoid your own login, database, and breaking VH TOS.

provide a page with your own TOS with a simple form at the bottom which simpy states, by submitting/continuing/entering our chatrooms that you agree to these TOS
          then the submit button takes them to the 3rd party login chatrooms routine
          or a single link back to your index page.

Links:

chatrooms-------YOUR TOS------back to index or on submit to chat.
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I did have one more question. I do not know much about computer terms and stuff, so I thought I would ask. The chat system that I am looking at is www.addonchat.com On their site it said that you dont have to worry about a host because they host their rooms. I would be enbedding the chat room on my site, using hotmail, does that mean that the Chat room would not be using my server with vodahost? I can do the link, but would prefer to have on my site if it does not break any rules. Sorry if I am a pain. I tried to google and check but I want to make sure....I like vodahost and dont want to screw up and put it there because I did not understand. Thank you very much for your time and patience.
            Mary

www.sherdenonline.com

Comment

If you embed anything, thats usually indicative of using another site
              i.e. youtube videos......its on your site but goes to utube to view the video.
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Comment

So would it be ok to do it that way then? Again I am sorry for my ignorance in this matter.
                Mary

www.sherdenonline.com

Comment

No need to be sorry, you are doing the right thing by asking the right questions.......good luck with your plans.
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Comment

Thank you.
                    Mary

www.sherdenonline.com