• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redmond
    Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2008

About downloading your site to VB

My site name is www.carstopedal.com
    I have searched the forum and can’t find the information I need so here is my problem. I had a computer crash when the mother board went out on my desk top.
    Now I have downloaded the Voda builder to my lap top and of course it does not have my back up files in it and they will have to reformat my desktop.
    My site has been completed and published for a month or more and I need to make changes and add new information. I have read the posts on the forum that say download the site either one page at a time or all at once but it will not show you pictures which means I have to go back and add all the pictures to the site again and this means to me anytime my computer has a problem I could have to follow the same procedure which is bad news to me.
    Having said that I don’t understand what I have to do to download the pages to the Blue Voda file.
    Do I open the Cpanel select the file I want to download and click on download at the top of the Cpanel and if so do I download the HTML files or the PHP files.
    This seems to me to be a disadvantage compared to an online site builder. You don’t lose anything in Soho if you have a computer crash because it is built on line.
    Could someone please explain the download procedure for me in detail or point me to the info if it is already posted.
    Thanks,
    Redmond
    Redmond
    http://www.safersecurityproducts.com
  • davidundalicia
    General

• Mar 2006

Re: About downloading your site to VB

Look at the tutorial on the Bluevoda FTP program
    you can download all your files with just a couple of clicks

down load your photos as well

this way, you will at least have all your hml pages to import into BV from your own computer
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• redmond
      Second Lieutenant

• Oct 2008

Re: About downloading your site to VB