X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suddenly cannot access my 14-month-old site

Domain name: beyondthemind.net

Checked the Is It Me? site and it's me, the site is up for everyone else. Can access cPanel - everything is in order that I can see - updated the site only yesterday. Can preview the pages. Network diagnosis of the connectivity said it was a "firewall client blocking access to FTP Ports" - though I realise this is a generic message.

Cannot access the site directly or going to a Wikipedia page and clicking on a link to my site.

Anyone throw any light on this?

Re: Suddenly cannot access my 14-month-old site

Your computer is probably blocking your access, ususally happens after your computer loads an update from Windows.. Check your firewalls especially Windows Defender (it is ususally the culprit). I tried to go to your site and it comes up with an "Index of" meaning no index page is present.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Originally posted by D'son View Post
      Your computer is probably blocking your access, ususally happens after your computer loads an update from Windows.. Check your firewalls especially Windows Defender (it is ususally the culprit). I tried to go to your site and it comes up with an "Index of" meaning no index page is present.
      u r right ed, i been as well- no index page.

Comment

I just updated Windows Defender and the site immediately came back up - (no, I won't ask!). Thanks for your help.

Comment

Your welcome. But I am still not seeing your site just the inex or page. Try to publish your index page again.
          Reguards
          Ed
          www.dsondesigns.com
          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
          www.300hitter.com
          www.bigjk.net
          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

You are kidding me - I have had an index page from day one but I have named it krishnamurti-index, after the site subject and url. So it appears I have to rename it to index only (I just checked the tutorial!). Of course, the only material effect I presume is with those searching via the domain name only - I have had thousands of visitors who are visiting through links and google (etc) search.

Comment

it should simply be 'index' no prefix.. no suffix.. if you want your .com to come up when its simply typed in without a page link.. you need simply index.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes, I see now & have done it - thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X