Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can my site have people downlaod and purchase my music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can my site have people downlaod and purchase my music?

aloha, jonathan wolf here:

site: www.dragonflutesrising.com

would love to cell my flute cd w/o the hard copies being shipped out. can peeps buy and then download? how can i set this up?

many mahalos!

jonathan

Re: can my site have people downlaod and purchase my music?

You will need a script for this. Another alternative where you can sell track by track is this freebie. Only an idea.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

what is a 'script' ?

thanx

jonathan

Comment

aloha!

am wondering about the following:

Setup Requirements • A server running PHP v4.3 or higher. Some of the syntax will NOT work on earlier versions.
        CURL support enabled for the Paypal IPN system.
        • A Paypal business or premier account. If you only have a personal account, you need to upgrade.
        GD Library with freetype support for captcha display.

does vodahost's server fit these requirements? i don't know what CURL is or the GD library w/ freetype support for captcha display...

thanx!

jonathan

Comment

Had a quick go with that script & it seemed to load ok.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thanx chris, looks like it comes up good. so, you know i'm a newbie and all, but does the voda host package have all that stuff that is required above? the server running php v4.3 or better, the CURL and GD library? if it works than those must be a 'yes' to these requirement questions...?

mahalos

jonthan

Comment

hey chris, i am having problems installing the maian music. below is the install instructions. i accomplished steps 1-5 and do not know how to open the install in my browser as step 6 suggests...how did you get it up?

1] - Set up a mysql database to hold the script tables. If you are unsure of this procedure, contact your host.

[2] - Open the 'inc/db_connection.inc.php' file in your text editor and edit it to point to the database you just created. You MUST also specify a cookie name and a secret key. DO NOT use the defaults!!

[3] - Again, in your text editor, open the 'admin/inc/password.inc.php' file and set a username/password for your admin area.

[4] - Using your FTP program, upload all the files/folders to a directory on your server. ie: /music/

[5] - If on a Unix server, Chmod the following directory to 777 to make it world writeable. If your host accepts 755, try this first:

/log/
              [6] - Access the installation file in your browser and follow the set up instructions:

http://www.yoursite.com/music/install/index.php
              [7] - If installation was successful, delete or rename the install folder.

[8] - Access your administration area and update your settings.

thanx, jonathan

Comment

Hi, i can only suggest going into the music folder in c panel & finding the install/index.php file & clicking on it to get the url.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thanks for the information, sure is helpful to find other people willing to help.

Comment

Working...
                  X