X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding/Deleting published pages

Hello

My site is www.franceholidaycottage.com

I have read some old forum post to this question and tried the good advice about going into FTP to delete html pages.

However when I go into ftp (right hand menu column) I can hundreds of photo files (which I have not been able to delete either) but only a handful of html pages. I understand this is because only a certain number are displayed but the question is how do I delete them to stop them coming up in searches?

For example http://www.franceholidaycottage.com/guestbook.html

as this was an interactive guest book I want to ditch asap as the page has been replaced and this now takes enquirers to competitiors!!

There are other pages too which are just out of date.

I would appreciate info on how to get the ftp deleting method to work or recommendation for an alternative easier method would be even better! :)

merci d'avance!

Re: Finding/Deleting published pages

First of it's guestbook.php so look for the guestbook with the php extension add delete that. any file can be deleted by highlighting the file and clicking the delete button.
    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Hello & thank you for your reply.

Perhaps I didn't explain it corrrectly, I have grasped the process for deleting published .html files but unfortunately the real issue I have is that when I connect in FTP manager the list of files on righthand side iplete.

i.e. The list of files is very long including .php, .jpeg and a few .html files, however it does not include all the pages I have published. The list is incomplete & it just so happens that all the .html files I want to delete are not there, however they are definitely being visited and come up in reporting so they are certainly 'live' still.

Any tips anyone one where/how I get to them to delete them?

Is there for instance a limit on the number of files in view on the FTP manager and I need to delete all the ones there for the others to show up?? I could do this but would prefer not to as I would then have to republish my whole site....

Help!!

Comment

Could you furnish an URL that you want to delete but cannot find on your server?
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Hello

Thank you for your replies. I have perservered and went for deleting and re-publishing the whole lot.

I found that once I had deleted the many images, the other files then came into view and I could delete them.

I guess there is a limit to the number of files you can view at one time.

Re-published site working fine now, thank you

www.franceholidaycottage.com

Comment

Working...
          X