I can't insert Affiliate banner-links w/ immage & tracking #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't insert Affiliate banner-links w/ immage & tracking #

This is Dianne from sisterearthstore.com, I have many affiliate immage banners-links with html tracking codes attached that I need to insert into my pages so people can click the picture & go to the affiliate web site but I can't figure out how to put them into my pages with bluevoda.

If I copy the immage & then attach a hyper link with the html code will it work with my tracking code attached? Or should I insert it as htm?

When I do insert the html I can't see the immage on my working page but it shows up on my preview. I am so confused!
    PLEASE HELP! Also is there a way to test the links before I publish the page?
    (my site is not published yet)
    Dianne Keast,
    URL- sisterearthstore.com
    email- sisearth1******.com
    Ticket ID: IAK-411778

Re: I can't insert Affiliate banner-links w/ immage & tracking #

There are two ways to effectively add ID Affiliate Links to a website, bot of which will require you some tinkering before you get the hang of it. Don't worry! I wish I had this advice when I started.

If you are going to place multiple banners in a specified area, it is easiest to first create a table: 1 column wide, and as many rows as you need. Do not worry too much about 'stretching the table' to the proper size, but estimate the visual proportions to make it easier to lay out in BlueVoda. HTML generated images are funny...they don't ever present where you lay them out, so you will have to move the table manually many times and many previews. Thus, it is a lot easier to create single-column banner tables, and then move them as close together as you need to.

When you are ready to copy your html code into your table, simply make a list on paper of the order you are building, so you can track things - constantly 'previewing' is more than a pain, it actually creates "impressions" in your Linkshare service without the click-through advertisiers monitor!
    Right-click on the table cell, and at the bottom, left click on CELL HTML. You will see a dialog box with 3 tabs - click on AFTER TAG, and paste your html code there. Continue same process for each banner cell.

The second method I use is for the odd-shaped banners, and here I click on the left side of BV toolbar, toward mid-screen (roll over buttons with your mouse until you find HTML) to create anHTML box....you willpaste your code similarly as in table. Or, not in the 'cell' but in the HTML format "button" you will see when right-clicked (on the table you just created).

Try it -- you'll like it!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: I can't insert Affiliate banner-links w/ immage & tracking #

There are two ways of doing this. One way is to save the image as a picture, go into blue voda go to start if your are useing IE select my pictures. Find the picture/image click and drag into the Blue voda page. Now double click the image and insert the link along with your aff tag. Insert everything beginning with www. then click the HTTP. I suggest using this method far easier.

The other way is to use the full HTMl. To copy and paste the the html to your note pad. Open Blue Voda select HTML go back to your notepad right click selct all the click copy. Go back and now double click the html box in blue voda and paste the code. Click okay and preview to be sure the link is working.

For the target set to blank to the visitor remains on your site while openning, this is called sticky. pet121

Comment

Working...
      X