• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aps
    Private First Class

• Mar 2009

publishing problems

apexpropertyservices.org.uk
    i recently published my website and it was done successfully. i have since been updating it using bluevoda website builder and have re-published the pages many times to update my website. i have never had a problem before. most recently i made some changes and published my webpages but i am having problems. basically i have got 12 web pages in the website, at the top of each webpage there is a row of menu options inlcluding names of all the webpages, for navigation. what i am trying to do is at the top of each page underline its name in the menu options. for instance if i am on the index page, the menu option home will be undderlined, if i am on the services page the option services at the top of the page will be underlined. now the problem i am having is that each time i individually publish each page with the underlined name in the menu options, every single page in the website automatically changes with the same name being underlined. for example if i publish the aboutus page with aboutus underlined at the top, when i go on the internet to check my website, every page will have about us inderlined at the top. this didn't happen before, why is me making changes to pne page affecting the whole website. the funny thing is the rest of the page doesn't get affected, its just the top bit, the row of menu options. could it be something to do with the fact that the top and bottom of each page, the title, logo, menu options, contact details etc are the same. i designed one page layout and then cloned it again and again for each page and then added different content to each page and saved them using different names, i.e. index, baoutus, services, contact etc.??
  • D'son
    Major General

• Apr 2008

Re: publishing problems

How did you create your menu? Did you use the menu bar, or did you make individual shapes with text?
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• aps
      Private First Class

• Mar 2009

i created individual shapes manually. i made one shape and then copy and pasted it several times before adding text to them all.

Comment

• DarrenC
        Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Yep I can see what you've done.

If you intend making changes to these shapes. DO NOT copy and paste from one page to another. Insert NEW shapes then tweak them specifically to meet the needs of that page.

Darren
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• aps
          Private First Class

• Mar 2009

ive not copy and pasted from one page to another. i just copy and pasted on one page and once that page was done i cloned that page several times and just added different content to each page, with the same background on each page.

Comment

• DarrenC
            Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Yes but were are talking specifically about the shapes in the menu aren't we? and you are altering these buttons to have the word underlined specific to that page. Where you have to make a change, insert a NEW one rather than edit the one thats there.
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
            X