• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carry
    Private First Class

• Apr 2009

Carry Smith has question about how her website pages open up

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me. I have published my website www.carrysmith.com and it looks the way I wanted except for when you click on a menu button that page opens up in a small window and then you have to click maximize button to view it properly. I find that annoying and people visiting my site find it annoying. What do I need to change to get each page to just downscroll and open in the maximum size as soon as you click on the menu button for that window? Also I thought I linked the category words on my gallery page (eg people animals flowers nature water etc) so that if someone cloicked on the word it would take you to the page but I have only managed to link the pictures above those words. I did the same thing for both picture and word and only the picture is linked. Can I get a solution to that as well. Cheers Carry
  • D'son
    Major General

• Apr 2008

Re: Carry Smith has question about how her website pages open up

In the link properties (for each link) change the target, just leave it empty. Nothing in it, that way all your pages will open in the same window. As you have it now the user will have multiple pages open when navagating your site. As for your text links under the pictures all your text is linked to http://www.carrysmith.com/gallery.html# instead of http://www.carrysmith.com/animals.html for example. Correct all the text links, again make sure nothing is in the target area.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• travlinman
      Major

• Feb 2009

Re: Carry Smith has question about how her website pages open up

Hi Carry, your pages look great and the links are fine but are opening a new window each time I click one(link buttons). In the link properties box uncheck the "Open link in a popup window" checkbox. This way they will open in the same window. Your pages also seem rather long - you can change this in the page properties... View (menu)==>Page Properties

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
      Aguycanbeachhostel
      Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Working...
      X