• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • josua
    Corporal

• Apr 2009

To copyright or protect my photos Any ideas how

Is there someonne there who could tell me how to protect my photos so that no one can copy it? please help
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: To copyright or protect my photos Any ideas how

Cant be done! You can only make it difficult with things like water marking the images. If you look at the big image sites, this is the way they do it.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• josua
      Corporal

• Apr 2009

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
      Cant be done! You can only make it difficult with things like water marking the images. If you look at the big image sites, this is the way they do it.
      thanx collector

Comment

• ahimsa
        Major General

• Jan 2009

.......and the watermark &/or name/copyright etc has to unfortunately run through the middle of the shot, otherwise "some people" can still crop the photo to leave an unmarked area!
        david
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• Aminiasi
          Sergeant

• Jun 2008

Hi Joshua,

Check this link out http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright.htm. Hope it helps.

Chow.

Comment

• Watdaflip
            Major General

• Sep 2005

Originally posted by Aminiasi View Post
            Hi Joshua,

Check this link out http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright.htm. Hope it helps.

Chow.
            This is not a solution to the problem in any sense of the word. Disabling right click does not prevent any images from being stolen. It is very easy to disable this type of prevention, or bypass it completely. Furthermore you will be annoying exponentially more of your actual users who have no intent on stealing your images then you will preventing those who come to your website to steal your images.

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• ahimsa
              Major General

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
              This is not a solution to the problem in any sense of the word. Disabling right click does not prevent any images from being stolen. It is very easy to disable this type of prevention, or bypass it completely. Furthermore you will be annoying exponentially more of your actual users who have no intent on stealing your images then you will preventing those who come to your website to steal your images.
              ...exactly! Most video/photo editing software has, these days, a "capture" facility whereby the user can position a small screen over a shot - or youtube video for example - & simply click "start"! Whereupon the software "captures" ("steals"??) the image or video & stores in the user's computer.

Legal? Irrelevant! The damage has been done - no wonder the film industry is spending $000,000,000 on ways to beat this...
              david
              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• Watdaflip
                Major General

• Sep 2005

Originally posted by ahimsa View Post
                ...exactly! Most video/photo editing software has, these days, a "capture" facility whereby the user can position a small screen over a shot - or youtube video for example - & simply click "start"! Whereupon the software "captures" ("steals"??) the image or video & stores in the user's computer.

Legal? Irrelevant! The damage has been done - no wonder the film industry is spending $000,000,000 on ways to beat this...
                david
                You don't even need any special photo/video software.. the print screen button on your keyboard copies whatever is on your screen, the same as copying text, and you can just paste it into ms paint.

Register/Login Script
                Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• ahimsa
                  Major General

• Jan 2009

Aha! The tricks get deviouser and deviouser!!!
                  david

Comment

• LadyEye
                    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

you might consider using flash shows to present your pictures, and as well, if you are selling your pictures, photos or images .. a smaller version with less resolution is often used to show and a screenshot won't offer the quality you can provide to your customers.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Angelswed
                      Private First Class

• Apr 2009

place a shape over your pictures then make it transparent without a border and when people try to download picture all they will get is a blank picture..
                      Last edited by Angelswed; 05-23-2009, 06:35 PM. Reason: goofed

Comment

• Aminiasi
                        Sergeant

• Jun 2008

I just thought that giving that link to Josua would help in his course since it works for me and my pictures are not the best. For people to actually download editing softwares or print and then edit on ms paint, dont you think that by the time they finish they would have wasted about 15 mins or so, that is if they are new like me.

But for a novice like me, I get discouraged when I right click on something I like and I get a small message to "bugger-off" as they dont offer any option like the norm of right clicking. But then its just me. I dont 15 mins to edit a picture.

Hey Jos, thanks for the message, if it works for you mate, carry on. Thats the beauty of having these forums.

Ta da...

Comment

• Watdaflip
                          Major General

• Sep 2005

Originally posted by Angelswed View Post
                          place a shape over your pictures then make it transparent without a border and when people try to download picture all they will get is a blank picture..
                          Keep in mind those, this also doesn't prevent an image from being stolen, it is a barrier that is bypassed in well less then a minute.

Originally posted by Aminiasi View Post
                          I just thought that giving that link to Josua would help in his course since it works for me and my pictures are not the best. For people to actually download editing softwares or print and then edit on ms paint, dont you think that by the time they finish they would have wasted about 15 mins or so, that is if they are new like me.
                          Unless the you have just shrunk a larger image (ie. you have 1000x1000 image that is being displayed on your website as a 500x500), there is no need to do any editing. (not that editing will make the quality of a 500x500 the same as a 1000x1000). All it takes is print screen -> open paint -> ctrl + v -> save, and they have the image. It takes about 10 seconds if your quick with the mouse.

Register/Login Script

Comment

• Faeini
                            First Lieutenant

• Apr 2009

yea so true and most people that really want the picture are gonna try and get it , also keep in mind if you see people misusing your pictures that you have copyright too you can ask them to take them off whatever they are using and if that doesnt work usually talking to the people hosting the picture and they will take it down for you.Most the time people will take it down just gotta be nice about it :)
                            www.digitalenchant.com

Comment

Working...
                            X