I want to work from my new laptop now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to work from my new laptop now

Hello, i am using blue voda on my home computer for the web site, I know want to work just from my laptop so when I am traveling , i can work on web site, how do i do this? do i need to copy my blue voda folder on my hard drive to my patop and then re download theblue voda?

Re: I want to work from my new laptop now

First download and install BV on your laptop.

Important: 1. You will need to up date your files on your laptop or desktop every time you switch systems.
    2.If you download a newer version to your laptop you will not be able to work with the files on the desktop unless you update your BV version.

After you have installed BV you can copy all your files from documents\BlueVoda (desktop) to your laptop. Do not forget to copy pics and images if they are in a different location. (its a good idea to keep the ones you use for your pages in the images sub-directory of Documents\BlueVoda. You will probably loose the link between your images and their respective locations. ( I did )

Supposedly there is a way to avoid this using the sitemap file I was told, but I never figured out how nor could find anybody to tell me how.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
    Aguycanbeachhostel
    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

Hi,

If you are familiar with using it, the online control panel is the way to go, as you can login from any computer, so as long as you have your login details with you. This way you don't have to keep copying images and files between desktop & laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by paulyf View Post
        Hi,

If you are familiar with using it, the online control panel is the way to go, as you can login from any computer, so as long as you have your login details with you. This way you don't have to keep copying images and files between desktop & laptop.
        Using c-panel...how & to do what? as a file storage? The laptop would still need BV on it.

Can you explain your reply a bit more in detail.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
        Aguycanbeachhostel
        Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Incorrect, the laptop does not need bv on it. The c-panel is an online interface that holds & edits everything that you already have in bv and can be accessed from any computer, so long as you have the url and your login information with you. You can also upload any new material, the same as you would in bv. I use c-panel all the time to update and edit my site from my laptop. Admittedly you have to be familiar with some html to use it. The only time I use bv is to publish any new pages, at the end of the day you must use whatever you are comfortable with.

Comment

Originally posted by paulyf View Post
            Incorrect, the laptop does not need bv on it. The c-panel is an online interface that holds & edits everything that you already have in bv and can be accessed from any computer, so long as you have the url and your login information with you. You can also upload any new material, the same as you would in bv. I use c-panel all the time to update and edit my site from my laptop. Admittedly you have to be familiar with some html to use it. The only time I use bv is to publish any new pages, at the end of the day you must use whatever you are comfortable with.
            Yes, so to work on her site, design new pages, which is what I believe she is saying, she would need BV on her laptop.

What many people on here, giving advice forget, is that most people using BV and asking simple questions do not have html, css or php knowledge and do not even understand simple terms as wysiwyg.
            Last edited by travlinman; 05-11-2009, 10:37 PM. Reason: forgot something

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
            Aguycanbeachhostel
            Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

What many people on here, giving advice forget, is that most people using BV and asking simple questions do not have html, css or php knowledge and do not even understand simple terms as wysiwyg.

right on........:)
              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
              X