downloading webpages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downloading webpages

let me first express my disgruntlement with BV for not coming out with Mac software .. my PC crashed - again (done with that one) so it's Mac all the way now but until I can jump through the necessary hoops to start running Windows on here, I need to find another way to quickly get my severely outdated website back up to the minute!
    since my web files are stuck on my crashed PC, I'm thinking I'll just use a friend's PC to download BV and then download my webpages from the server to edit them .. I used to do this a long time ago with Frontpage, although I don't remember the process .. is there an easy way to do this with BlueVoda?

Re: downloading webpages

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Hey Whatdaflip
      From reviewing the tutorial... I guess importing tool does also import images.
      Ok then, so can the imported page be saved??..say in a BV Web Builder folder... and then republished?? Thanks...Doug
      I always like to have as many back ups options as possible

Comment

also remember that when importing a page that it won't bring in any javascript , videos, flash, active X, controls, roll-over menu bars will only bring in the first image, and you may have to reinsert some images before publishing, oh and check the alignment of the page too.
        Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by dougnez View Post
          Ok then, so can the imported page be saved??..say in a BV Web Builder folder... and then republished??
          Absolutely. After fixing the issues (as Alien mentioned), save the page as you would do with a normal page and you can then publish it.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X