Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using full screen

Hello everyone,
    I have noticed many sites that use the full page for graphics etc. With Voda we set the page width and work within those parameters. Is there a way to use a full width of a screen. This is an odd question as many have different screen settings and widths...
    If need be, please feel free to laugh. I am, but this question has nagged at me for some time.
    Thanks in advance!!!
    Irene C.

Re: Using full screen

Irene,
    I am by NO MEANS an expert - still working on my very own first site, actually; b...u...t... I can only tell you what happened to me: I often use my own backgrounds & had to juggle & jiggle to get no "side-scroll"!
    Side-scroll seems to be the bane of all newbies LOL & this is what'll probably happen when you try to use an image bigger than the monitor being used to screen your site. eg: if your screen is, say, 950 wide & you use a graphic/image that is 1000 then you'll get side-scroll, but on my 1000 screen I would get the "full picture", if you follow?
    Hope this helps................
    david

(BTW - I'm just about to start an "experimental" 2nd. site & I intend to use some 'unconventional' imagery so I'll be watching for any other answers to your post. he-he)
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

I so get what you are saying, and the scroll thing was a problem for me in my first days. Luckily I figured that out and usually keep the width of my pages between 950 and 975. I see others using the complete screen width, as seen by my monitor, and would like to do the same for some pages that I do. I need to figure out how to turn something into a background...ahhh more creating.
      Irene C.

Comment

Creating is part of the fun :) & I so appreciate the ease with which one can experiment with BV..........no longer do I fear making mistakes! In fact some 'mistakes' have turned into exactly what I was after!
        have fun,
        david
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
        X