• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shakes12
    Corporal

• Feb 2009

Index Page Update Incorrectly

Hi,

I have updated my index page but the new changes appears on top of the information that supposed to be deleted and the page is very messy.

Can someone help me.
  • golly1
    First Sergeant

• Jul 2008

Re: Index Page Update Incorrectly

hi
    i had that same problem so what i did was save the page also go to save the page as and also save it here and then publish hope this helps you
    graham also you havenot put a link to your website so some one can have a look

Comment

• Shakes12
      Corporal

• Feb 2009

I have tried your suggestion and it still does not work. my website is
      www.goodinfo4me.com

please check and tell me what you see

Comment

• travlinman
        Major

• Feb 2009

It looks as if you started with one idea and changed along the way.

It appears as your original text is behind the new or vice versa; not sure which is the part you want to keep. The same as with your logo or heading. First you have "Memory Improvement Techniques" and then you have the BV banner on top.

Select (click) the one you want right mouse click select move to balck. select the one you do not want and delete.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
        Aguycanbeachhostel
        Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

• Shakes12
          Corporal

• Feb 2009

My original site was about downloading music. I have deleted all the conetent and updated it with my new content " Memory Improvement". I do not see the deleted content "Music" on my index page but it appears when I preview my page. This has been frustarting me big time.

Comment

• travlinman
            Major

• Feb 2009

It may be, and I am guessing at this, that the search engines have not browsed your page since the update or that the old date remains in background or outside of the page properties (size). This happened to me once.
            Try this: Open page properties ... enlarge the page size by at least 500 in width and height. Now scroll to the down then back up and to the right and see if there is any data there; usually it is below the page.

If this does not help you can send me a copy of the file and I can take a look for you.

If you can not find your problem is to start with a new blank page ... copy one by one the items of the new page and paste them in the blank new page...close the old page .... goto your window\documents\BlueVoda\... folder and delete the old file. Save the new one now. Go to Tools==>FTP Manager and delete the file that you published and republish the new one once your finished.
            Last edited by travlinman; 05-11-2009, 12:24 PM. Reason: forgot something

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
            Aguycanbeachhostel
            Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

• Shakes12
              Corporal

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by travlinman View Post
              ... copy one by one the items of the new page and paste them in the blank new page...close the old page .... goto your window\documents\BlueVoda\... folder and delete the old file. Save the new one now. Go to Tools==>FTP Manager and delete the file that you published and republish the new one once your finished.
              Thanks very much,

I have done exactly that, and it worked like a bomb.

Shakes

Comment

Working...
              X