menu problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• menu problems

I am using George's (navaldesign) trick of creating menus in my page.

My page has two menus; one in Spanish & the other in German, One at the top & the other at the bottom of the page. Each has a unique name.

My Problem: The top menu (spanish) appears in german and the bottom does not appear at all. Why?

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
    Aguycanbeachhostel
    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Re: menu problems

how about a link?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Oops, so much time thinking & looking for George's post so that I can reference it, that I forgot my page; sorry

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
      Aguycanbeachhostel
      Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

You have to make a include for each of them.. an html box.. one for the top menu, one for the bottom menu.

I only see one.. not two.. and the one i do see is in spanish.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

the second menu (in german) should appear next to the "subir" link at the bottom of the page.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
          Aguycanbeachhostel
          Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
            You have to make a include for each of them.. an html box.. one for the top menu, one for the bottom menu.

I only see one.. not two.. and the one i do see is in spanish.

Karen
            precisely my problem...you only can see the one and that one should appear in german - not spanish

I have the include in the html box directly to the left of the subir link at the bottom; the same size as the top one.
            Last edited by travlinman; 07-07-2009, 09:16 PM. Reason: forgot something

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
            Aguycanbeachhostel
            Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Well.. make sure it is MOVED TO THE TOP. I didnt VIEW your coding but if its there.. its BEHIND something else.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

ok Karen, I just checked it and it is not behind anything else...but this would not expain why it is displaying the incorrect menu.
                I just clicked on properties and brought it to the top and the result was that the menu at the top of the page disappeared & the one at the bottom showed but this time the spanish menu appeared where the german on should be.
                ?????
                any suggestions?

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                Aguycanbeachhostel
                Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Did you publish BOTH menus?

I can see them both in source code.. check CAREFULLY the names and make sure you followed the instructions for calling the menus. I see the german menu on the BOTTOM of the page.. so .. check your html box for how you called the menus in. You cant just COPY the one.. you have to call both menus.

If its NOT behind it.. perhaps your page is too short and it got pushed down. Without having your page loaded.. i cant tell really what you have done... perhaps Naval can.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Karen, been thru all that....will try to ask Naval directly via a visitor message; hope that this what they are for.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                    Aguycanbeachhostel
                    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Apart of the information above, I have made no significant changes to my pages(a few additional items to the menu). I have republished the pages that were published in a sub-folder in my domain, as a sub-domain. They are the exact same pages republsihed, not copied or cloned! The HTML boxes remain the same, the include statements are the same in both and the same menus; just republished!

DOCS PAGE:

sub-folder

Here the menu at the top of the page appears in german and does not appear at the bottom. It should be spanish at the top and german at the bottom of the page. Both bars have never appeared together on this page.

1.Here the drop-down menu bar appear and can be clicked on.

2.Clicking on the text link SUBIR brings me instantly to the top of the page as it should.

sub-domain

Here the menu at the top of the page appears in spanish and german at the bottom; As it should be, spanish at the top and german at the bottom of the page. Except:

1.Here the drop-down menu bar does not appear at the top. but
                      appears at the bottom of the page, but disappears before I can click on them.
                      Items that do not have a drop-down but are a single menu item (Eigentümer Daten, Immobilien & Kontakt) can be clicked and open.

2.Clicking on the text link SUBIR brings me to the top of the page but reloads the page and when finished the menu at the top of the page re-appears in german and can now be clicked on.(I may have resolved this issue; will republish the page in a test folder to not affect the rest of this post and check it out)

CARTA PAGE:

This page should contain 4 menu bars in total; 2 vertical (spanish & german) in the upper left side and 2 horizontal (spanish & german)

sub-folder

Here the spanish vertical does not appear, just followed by the german one. At the bottom of the page, the first (spansih) does not appear, again and the second, instead of appearing in german as indicated in the html box's include statement; appears in spanish.

sub-domain

Here, the exact same page (same HTML boxes with same include statements) republished as a sub-domain.
                      At the top: The first appears in spanish as it should, but in horizontal format instead of vertical, the second does not appear; only the .

At the bottom: The first appears does not appear, only the and the second in german as it should, but in horizontal format instead of vertical.
                      Remember: Each the locate statements in each box call the same menus on both pages.
                      Also, I have noted that when the page first loads, that the upper menus first appear verticaly and then change to horizontal. (I have moved all items on the page and there are not hidden boxes or menus)

I have tried to make this as clear as possible to follow,so I appologize for the length.
                      I have been dealing with this issue for over three months now. I hope someone can solve this, may be our menu & I-frame expert, Naval?
                      Last edited by travlinman; 07-10-2009, 01:04 AM. Reason: optical improvement

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                      Aguycanbeachhostel
                      Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Since I have exceeded the time limit to edit my previous post ....

I am quoting 2. in the sub-domain of the DOCS PAGE....

(I may have resolved this issue; will republish the page in a test folder to not affect the rest of this post and check it out)

I have only published the docs file and the cdadmenu file (spanish version). But the german menu (menu_de file) at the bottom of the page appears as well. I have checked FTP Manager and this second file does not appear in the test dir.

Any explainations?

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                        Aguycanbeachhostel
                        Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

I have just encountered a few inconsistencies in the include statement which must have occurred during copying and cloning of the pages.

The include statement in all pages now reads:
                          <?
                          include 'menu_de.html';
                          ?>

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                          Aguycanbeachhostel
                          Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

I see only German menu at the top. You maybe saved them both with the same name. But it wouldn't explane why only one is showing up

Comment

Ok, the newest in the ongoing saga of my menu bar problem.

The german menu for some reason is no longer appearing, but an error message is; so I have now also published the german menu file (menu_de) to my testing directory.

The problem is that the top menu (now in spanish as should be) does not expand or drop down to reveal the sub menus.

The bottom menu (german) does but not long enough for me to actually click on a link.

2nd Problem

The menu items that are single items(no drop-down/sub-menus), in the top bar link to other pages than indicated in the menu properties. for example: item #7 "descargas (downloads) actually links to one of the sub-menu items, #4 "contacto" (contact us) links to our real estate page, #3 "Inmobilaria" opens an embeded pdf for a balance sheet instead of real estate, etc....

In the german menu, the single items open their respective pages correctly.

I sure hope somebody has the patience to read this entire thread and understand my longwinded explanations - Thank you.

Somebody please help, my only other options is redo my menus which does not guarantee that they will work.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                              Aguycanbeachhostel
                              Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Working...
                              X