Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: menu problems

Karl

Im sure its in the way you have called and named the menu pages. Go back thru that part of it. And name your menus without spaces or dashes.

No.. I dont have the patience as i have gone thru it before.. but.. thats where your issues are.. calling the php include to the page and naming. If you have TWO menus on that page you will need TWO html boxes calling them to the page and make sure you have the correct codes in there. Then they should work. Without having one of your pages with the coding on it I cant tell for sure... but im positive thats the error.

You also have to PUBLISH both menus

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen, Thanks for the "BUMP" up tip.

The names for the menu pages are cdadmenu and menu_de. They work on all pages aside the page where they both appear together.

I have two html boxes...one at the top, one at the bottom of the page with their respective include statements.

<?
      include 'cdadmenu.html';
      ?>

Bottom
      <?
      include 'menu_de.html';
      ?>

I have republished the page to a test directory as well as the 2 menus (cdadmenu & menu_de), so that after I resolve the problem others can follow these links in the forum in the future. Unfortunately the menus link to the pages which are located outside of the test directory.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
      Aguycanbeachhostel
      Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

You would have to email me the page.. but im positive you are misnaming or mis calling it somehow.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hm.... I looked at your page code. Here is what i believe is happening:

Both menu pages have the same ID for the menu objects. This probably creates a conflict as they are Javascript menus and Javascripts are extremely sensitive to ID conflicts-

You may try this: Open the page with the menu that does NOT appear.

Copy / paste the menu (so this new menu takes another object ID)

Delete the original menu, and place the newly added one in place of the original.

Save and publish the page.

Now open the two menu pages in the browser (one after the other and REFRESH (F5)

Last, open the main page (that calls the two menu pages) and REFRESH.

Let me know
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I can now see both your menus. So i believe the problem is solved ?
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
              I can now see both your menus. So i believe the problem is solved ?
              yes, you can see both, but they do not work!

Just reviewing your previous post.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
              Aguycanbeachhostel
              Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Ok George,

I do not understand the part about "ID for menu objects" but ...
                I have done what u said; followed ur instructions line 4 line with great anticipation, i even did it 4 both menus. First the one & tried it, the the other....
                but it does not work.

By the way I used the copy & paste icons not the mouse.

Ball in your court....any ideas?

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                Aguycanbeachhostel
                Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Please remove completely one of the two menus so we can see if the other one works.
                  Repeat with the second one.

If then you still have issues when both are present, there is a Javascript conflict.

Please test
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Wow, genius

Individually they work (docs2 & docs3)

Ok, now what?

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                    Aguycanbeachhostel
                    Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Now try copuing / pasting the menus from docs2 into the docs3 page. Save and publish so we can see if it works. If not it is a Javascript function conflict, i will tell you what (probably) can be done.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Ok, now I am back 2 the problem I had over a month ago, just one menu shows. docs4

NOTE: Except that now the spanish menu which should be at the top, appears at the bottom of the page.

I have pulished and verified twice.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                        Aguycanbeachhostel
                        Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Any new ideas yet, George?

my only other solution would be to create a duplicate page for the other menu.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
                          Aguycanbeachhostel
                          Comunidad Aguycan Beach

Comment

Hi, sorry, not yet, i didn't have time. I'll try to have a look tomorrow morning.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

I created a drop down menu and adjusted the font size, etc. but when I preview my page, the menu font looks much smaller than I created it. Any suggestions????

Comment

Working...
                              X