• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • limebrook1
    Brigadier General

• Jun 2005

Navigation bar probs!

After days of thinking I am mad, I have now come to the conclusion that it isn't me, but a quirk of BV! I have changed the mouse over image on my navigation menu bars from the standard BV one, but although I have saved and published the changes many, many times, the standard BV image keeps coming up - but not on the whole bar which is the very odd part.

For an example, see the navigation bar on my index page, http://www.limebrook.com/index.html Although this is one navigation bar, the Guestbook and Contact Us menu items have a different mouse over image to the rest of the bar. This cannot be me - or at least, I can't see how!

Is it a bug, or have I managed to do something stupid again??

Cheers
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Navigation bar probs!

Hi Trish,
    yes i saw that. It can't be you. Try a trick. Change the mouseover image to something else, save, publish, check, then change it again to the one you have now, and save / publish again. I've had a similar problem with BV created images (bvxxxx.gif) in some cases.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• limebrook1
      Brigadier General

• Jun 2005

Re: Navigation bar probs! HELP!!!

Hi Naval!

Did exactly what you suggested - now it has gone mad!!! Take a look - lovely mixture of mouse over images!

Now, how do I get it back to normal????

Ever feel your PC is playing games with you????
      Trish
      www.Limebrook.com
      www.MountainWalk.co.uk
      www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Re: Navigation bar probs! HELP!!!

Originally posted by limebrook1
        Hi Naval!

Did exactly what you suggested - now it has gone mad!!! Take a look - lovely mixture of mouse over images!

Now, how do I get it back to normal????

Ever feel your PC is playing games with you????
        No, it is ok now. All the mousovers are white rectangles. Maybe your browser is caching?
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• limebrook1
          Brigadier General

• Jun 2005

Ah ha - so I was right! It is my PC playing games with me!

It might be caching - but all other changes have taken effect. I refreshed the page and different items were blue and white than before! PC has gone mad I think.

Thanks for checking - as long as it is okay for the rest of the world I can live with that.

Cheers!
          Trish
          www.Limebrook.com
          www.MountainWalk.co.uk
          www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by limebrook1
            Ah ha - so I was right! It is my PC playing games with me!

It might be caching - but all other changes have taken effect. I refreshed the page and different items were blue and white than before! PC has gone mad I think.

Thanks for checking - as long as it is okay for the rest of the world I can live with that.

Cheers!
            Yes, but you were right at the beggining. The two buttons did have a different mouseover. Anyway, now it's ok.
            Navaldesign

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

But you have the same problem with the red buttons in the livery page.
              Navaldesign

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I'll come back with you after 30 mins
                Navaldesign

Comment

• limebrook1
                  Brigadier General

• Jun 2005

I think I have the same problem with a lot of pages - all those which I have changed and re-published lately! I think it has to be a glitch with the latest version of BV.

Be interested to know if anyone else is having the same problem!!

Am giving up for now - will try and see the extent of the problem tomorrow!

Cheers
                  Trish
                  www.Limebrook.com
                  www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                  www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

The problem with the livery is for the first three red buttons, the More Pictures (in Retired Oldies) and ALL the red buttons as well as the Forum button in the Horse Facts page. the other pages are ok
                    Navaldesign

Comment

• limebrook1
                      Brigadier General

• Jun 2005

Thanks for checking! I will sort these pages out. Again! Hopefully the mouse over gremlin will leave them alone them!

Cheers
                      Trish
                      www.Limebrook.com
                      www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                      www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Working...
                      X