• Show
Clear All
  • jon11hawaii
    Sergeant

• Feb 2009

having problems centering site name

aloha
    jonathan wolf here

after using browsershots.org a few times and trying to resolves my centering problem, i still have more than a handful of browsers the open my pages with the center text "DRAGON FLUTES RISING" too big, which causes it to spill over. in my firefox broswer it's all good. again using browser shots, a lot of browsers incorrectly read the text size at 64, eben though it is 48 on my broswer, and in my bvpfiles.

had this problem for a bit, can't seem to get around it w/o making my text even smaller, not something i want to do.

have ticked center in browser for all pages, have used the html subtext btwn the headers.

any ideas/suggestions?

thanx

jonathan
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: having problems centering site name

Hi .. when creating your website pages it is necessary to use a webfriendly font, like ariel, verdanna, times new roman .. you can do a search for websafe fonts and come up with the handful of fonts to use ...

you are using a font that doesn't fit that category and you will find the font will default to another if that font is not readily installed on the computer you are viewing your website on .. this will happen always ..

so you will need to remedy this by choosing a websafe font ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• jon11hawaii
      Sergeant

• Feb 2009

thanx lady eye!

Comment

• jon11hawaii
        Sergeant

• Feb 2009

hey there again. this is starting to put a bee in my bonnet. and you know how that is. so, i got and appreciate the web friendly text stuff. now, whenever i copied an element from a different page of mine and paste it onto another, the entire repaste is encapsulated in a white block against my black background. lame! i also had the same occurance on my text field. i would place my text field, type into it, and the box became highlighted wht against my black background. this has not happened earlier in my site build, but is occurring now. most recent example:

i combined two pages into one by making the above page very long. then i copied elements like audio clips and text from the older page onto the new combined one. all those repastes are blocked out wht (NOT WHAT I WANT!) the text box that is blocked is a new field and i don't know why it is doing this. please help me get past this!

this text centering thing and now this wht text block is all quite trivial & annoying as i still want to work out a bigger problem for my site, how to let people download my music and pay for it, so after this i have to figure out a good script for it called 'Maian Music'.

i would appreciate any suggestions for the novice that i am. i have entirely appreciated and liked blue voda, these support forums particualrly, and have received very good 'care' as it were. if not for the forums, i'd still be broken down somewhere 50 miles way outside of cybertown.

Comment

Working...
        X