• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • findach
    Second Lieutenant

• Jul 2005

moving a whole web site and data base to another domain

hiya, i think this is one for naval design.

im not sure if this is even possible, but worth a go.

i want to move the whole of my web site www.online-petshop.co.uk to a folder on www.livepetshop.tv ie: i want people to go onto www.livepetshop.tv and to be able to click on a hyperlink which will take them to this web site.

can you understand what a mean?

some man in the states put it onto the ftp for me, so i dont really know how to move it. he also done something with a data base for me, but once again i dont know how? or where?

any advice???
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: moving a whole web site and data base to another domain

Originally posted by findach
    hiya, i think this is one for naval design.

im not sure if this is even possible, but worth a go.

i want to move the whole of my web site www.online-petshop.co.uk to a folder on www.livepetshop.tv ie: i want people to go onto www.livepetshop.tv and to be able to click on a hyperlink which will take them to this web site.

can you understand what a mean?

some man in the states put it onto the ftp for me, so i dont really know how to move it. he also done something with a data base for me, but once again i dont know how? or where?

any advice???
    well, you could do it, but why?
    I mean that the two sites can be linked anyway, why should you move it?, Then, you don't specify whether your sites are on the same server or not, if they are on the same Vodahost account, etc. Then if you have a database it means that you have some kind of third party scripts running on your site: f.e. a forum, or a blog, or a photogallery, or a shopping cart, or something that anyhow requires a database. You need to add the second domain as addon domain, install from scratch (i think) the script that makes use of the database, then transfer all your data to this new database. Then you have to transfer all of your pages, but there might be problems with paths etc. What's the reason for moving?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X