• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeandpam_klein@att.net
    Private

• May 2009

Rookie getting started

I have reviewed nearly all tutorials...I have not played much yet...but I want to be sure I understand a couple of things. I have downloaded a template from BV site, and it is really all the basic pieces, not assembled to see as an actual web page....which I could then edit and alter to my liking. Is this correct, or am I missing something.

I did a quick scan of the threads here, and did not immediately see anything....so I apologize if this is obvious and I have missed it. I would hate to spend a day on this, and have something existin galready available.

Thank you.

Michael
  • Stilts
    Private First Class

• Apr 2009

Re: Rookie getting started

Michael,
    you are correct in your understanding of the way the templates work

Comment

• mikeandpam_klein@att.net
      Private

• May 2009

Thank you stilts. So, I have no spent about 40 minutes watching tutorials, and 20 minutes on the builder, and I am trying to understand how someone makes a website in 30 minutes as the ad suggested when I saw this. Any quick suggestions?

Thanks again. Michael

Comment

• Stilts
        Private First Class

• Apr 2009

I'm new to this also; I've only been using BV since March of this year and I learned the hard way, trial and error, it doesn't take long once you know which templates you want to use. It's like putting a puzzle together. They do offer templates that are already designed but there is a cost for those.

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi,

Yes it is like a Jigsaw puzzle.

But this jigsaw puzzzle is not based on an image but on your artistic imagination to combine and link all thoughts visually in the form of a webpage.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• MidnightSun
            Captain

• May 2009

Originally posted by mikeandpam_klein@att.net View Post
            Thank you stilts. So, I have no spent about 40 minutes watching tutorials, and 20 minutes on the builder, and I am trying to understand how someone makes a website in 30 minutes as the ad suggested when I saw this. Any quick suggestions?

Thanks again. Michael
            30 minutes I think is an optimistic projection. If you know exactly what you want to do, and have all your images and text already saved, in 30 min. you might be able to have something to publish. I would guess most take alot longer to get something up, but that doesn't mean it can't be done...:D
            Dave

http://www.midnightsunastro.com

Comment

Working...
            X