• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mark6110
    Major

• May 2006

can I resize a logo?

Hi Guys,
    I have just made a new logo for one of our sites, lorissecrets and we like it a lot. However the page weight is telling me it is over 50kbs, almost half the page size!
    Is there any way I can reduce the size without losing too much of the detail.
    I can't pull it into pix resizer or photoshop.
    Thanks for your time.
    MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
    Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
    www.princess-bride.co.uk
    Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: can I resize a logo?

50kb isn't terribly bad, especially if its a large logo.

What file type is it saved as?
    With photoshop you can do things like making the color mode indexed, reducing the quality if its a jpg.

What do you mean you can't pull it into pix resizer or photoshop? If you mean that a file of its format can't be opened in either then your not going to be able to use it on a website as I browser also won't be able to display it.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• mark6110
      Major

• May 2006

Hi Watdaflip,
      thanks for thaking the time.
      The logo is a png file. and altough photoshop & pix can´t find it in my BV files. It is already on my site. It is BV made logo
      I may have figured out a solution - I wanted to use it as a headed on our letterheaded paper, so I copied it from the live site and saved it to desktop. It has saved as a jpeg and I was able to import it into photoshop.
      I'll try pix next.
      Thanks again for the help.
      Regards,
      MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
      Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
      www.princess-bride.co.uk
      Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

• Watdaflip
        Major General

• Sep 2005

If its a png file I would keep it saved as that unless you know that it doesn't have use any transparency or opacity. jpg's won't save that information and it will be lost.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X