creating text in a shape and SEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating text in a shape and SEO

OK... so I was about to use the shape function properties to create text in a shape. When doing this, will the search engines be able to read the text in the shape?

Should I just put a text layer on top of the shape instead? I am working on making my site search engine friendly, so this was just a little concern I had. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: creating text in a shape and SEO

ALT Text will contribute to value creation for a website, but it will not be valued as highly as would an Image Title and any ALT Text on an image that demonstrates relevancy to the Title. (i.e. Image of a dog Titled "Dogs.com-offers-pure-breed-pets" with ALT Text "Dogs.com-specializes-in-AKC-Retrievers")

Additionally, ALT Text entered on a Shape will be visible to Visitors upon mouse rollover, and is useful to add instructions or specific messages: i.e. if you use a transparent Shape over an image, you can not only add ALT Text "Click Here To View Other Options!" but hyperlink that shape to the page with the 'other options' are described. Understand?

EXAMPLE: Roll over the imags on the left of this page to see the effect described above. The slideshow on the right is in Flash, which is different than a Blue Voda function.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hmmm....no I'm not talking about ALT tag text. I'm talking about

>inserting a shape into blue voda
      >going to "shape properties" and clicking text
      >entering text

When doing this, the text appears inside the shape. It is not a matter of mousing over the shape, the text is embedded into the shape. I am wondering if the text in this shape is a mere "image" or if the text AND is readable by search engines?

If it's not readable, I'll just insert a shape and then insert text on top of it. I'm sure someone can answer this, it's probably a dumb question :)

Comment

The manner in which you describe adding text ads visible text to the shape format itself, just as you would specify a color: it becomes part of that shape/object as a layer would become part of a PSD image.

It is not an attribute, as would be ALT text, and therefore not "readable" by Search Engines, bots, or software that audibly describes objects (for sight impaired visitors).

The audible descriptions of images or objects via ALT text was the impetus for use of special attributes as such, and that is why even browsers have ALT Text capabilities still written in them. Blue Voda 10+ has simplified the process by cutting out a few steps as you can tell: you need not any longer create an object, enter attributes (ALT Text, Links, Event, etc.) and then lay over Text -- 3 steps. Now you can do it in just one step: create a shape, enter ALT Text (which can certainly be the same as the text you add), enter the Link, and then enter the Text in one "creation" action!

Bottom Line: ALT Text and Links are the only valued attributes to a shape with Text Formatting applied.

* Try to be sure to keep your ALT Text + Link "relevant" as well, just as you should with Image Titles + ALT Text + Links. If you want to do the job completely, go back in your BV images folder and "re-name" the shape with a relevant "title" as well, and then re-insert it to your page and re-save the page before publishing.

Comment

Shape plus text are published as a unique image.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
            LOL! Didn't I explain that, or was I "too complicated" in my response again??

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
              LOL! Didn't I explain that, or was I "too complicated" in my response again??
              Indeed, 9 words were (in my opinion) enough
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                Got it. THANKS!

Comment

First create a shape using the shape tool from the toolbar and then

use the text tool to type in your articles or text and drag and adjust the text block inside the shape.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                  X