• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • santini
    Corporal

• Dec 2005

second site

Ok first site is up and running, Iam trying to add a second site, I have purchased a domain name from BV added it to my controll panel "add on Domain" a file appears in my FTP and I can publish to it but when I try to access the site on the web it doesnt show up any help would be appreciated. Would it be better to just have a seperate hosting account with BV.

Thanks

Greg
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: second site

Originally posted by santini
    Ok first site is up and running, Iam trying to add a second site, I have purchased a domain name from BV added it to my controll panel "add on Domain" a file appears in my FTP and I can publish to it but when I try to access the site on the web it doesnt show up any help would be appreciated. Would it be better to just have a seperate hosting account with BV.

Thanks

Greg
    Having an addon domain is by all means equivalent to having a separate account. Did you name the nameservers to point at the actual server you're on? And, if yes, have 24 - 48 hours passed since you did this (the DNS have to propagate through the net) ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• santini
      Corporal

• Dec 2005

Thanks I forgot it takes 24-48 Hrs to set up, hopefuly thats all I need.

Thanks again, In a hurry

Greg

Comment

• santini
        Corporal

• Dec 2005

Ok the time has passed, I checked to make sure that the site is registered to me but when I enter the site address it comes up with some site that looks like a domian registry www.gambinometal.com what is that about? whta is a "nameserver" and how do I check to make sure its pointing at the server that Im on?

Thanks

Greg

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Ok the time has passed, I checked to make sure that the site is registered to me but when I enter the site address it comes up with some site that looks like a domian registry www.gambinometal.com what is that about? whta is a "nameserver" and how do I check to make sure its pointing at the server that Im on?

Thanks

Greg
          That's just a standard screen that comes up from Who Is when the procedure is not yet complete. But please explain, have you pointed the DNS at your servers or not? You must configure your second site nameservers otherwise it won't work. Time for DNS propagation through the net counts from the moment you have finished configuring it.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Look at http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/vd/2.htm
            Navaldesign

Comment

• santini
              Corporal

• Dec 2005

Ok I have not received my Welcome message how long does that usually take?

Thanks for your help and patience.

Greg

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Ok I have not received my Welcome message how long does that usually take?

Thanks for your help and patience.

Greg
                You should have received it when you signed up the first time and you got your first domain name and your account.
                Navaldesign

Comment

• santini
                  Corporal

• Dec 2005

Again Thank You, I have now configured my name servers I didnt know that this info was provided with my initial site registration or what it was for. I will wait a day or two for it to propagate. hopefully I can get it all together soon.

Thanks

Greg

Comment

Working...
                  X