• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigrussmooney
    Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Help with publishing folder

Hello everyone. I have a BV account and my site is at http://www.elitegamersonline.com

I used fantastico to create a forum for me and then I imported the site with Bluevoda and added my own banners and whatnot. Now I need to publish it but I do not know what to put in the folders line to get it to publish to the forum, I don't want it to publish to my homepage.

If anyone can help I will be very greatful.
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Help with publishing folder

Originally posted by Bigrussmooney
    Hello everyone. I have a BV account and my site is at http://www.elitegamersonline.com

I used fantastico to create a forum for me and then I imported the site with Bluevoda and added my own banners and whatnot. Now I need to publish it but I do not know what to put in the folders line to get it to publish to the forum, I don't want it to publish to my homepage.

If anyone can help I will be very greatful.
    you shouldput public_html/forumfolder whereas forum folder id the folder where you installed the foru, but please explain what are you trying to do by importing and modifying and publishing the forum page?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Bigrussmooney
      Sergeant

• Feb 2006

I was just adding my own logo to the forums on the page. It had a logo up there for me at the top but it was not very good looking. Basically just said my sites name but not a real logo at all. So I just wanted to add my own there to make it look better.

Comment

• Bigrussmooney
        Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Your awsome. Your also my new hero.

Comment

• Bigrussmooney
          Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Any idea why none of my sites work exept for my main page? All my fantastico installed pages give me some error about too many connections. But noone knows my site exept me.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I was just adding my own logo to the forums on the page. It had a logo up there for me at the top but it was not very good looking. Basically just said my sites name but not a real logo at all. So I just wanted to add my own there to make it look better.
            Well, i'm not a Forum script spe******t but i'm almost quite sure that you can't do it this way. Racefan20 might be able to tell us. From what i know these scripts have standard templates an editing them is a bit hard. Then, these templates are resizable, and this is definetely something BV can't do
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Bigrussmooney
              Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Oh, well I hope I did not mess anything up then. I did not change anything around on the forums exept my logo and it just let me publish it after you told me what to do. Hope I'm not doomed.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Any idea why none of my sites work exept for my main page? All my fantastico installed pages give me some error about too many connections. But noone knows my site exept me.
                I just gave a look at your site and the directory comes up, this is because you have not yet published your index page. And you have installed practically a whole library in there! Anyway, start by publishing the index page, and go on from there
                Navaldesign

Comment

• Bigrussmooney
                  Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Can I re-publish it as often as I need to? I have a general layout done but it's not perfect yet. I'll publish it right now, take another look.

Comment

• Bigrussmooney
                    Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Or not, it gave me some internal error when I tried to publish it. That's weird.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You can republish as often as you like. I'll have a look after 5 minutes, then i'll sign off.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

• Bigrussmooney
                        Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Yep, Internal Error 12002

Timed out

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Just try again
                          Navaldesign

Comment

• Bigrussmooney
                            Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Yeah I'm reading something else you posted on fixing the problem, gonna try the pixel resizer and whatnot before I go getting all worked up.

Comment

• Bigrussmooney
                              Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Thanks for your help sir. You said you wanted to log off so I don't want to keep you, take care.

Comment

Working...
                              X