quick question about images/movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question about images/movies

Hello. My name is Russell and my site is at http://www.elitegamersonline.com

I tried to publish my site after getting it the way I wanted it but I think I have too many files there to upload at one time. I have 5-6 screenshots on the front page and a MOV. file that plays when you go to the page.

1. Should I upload these files with ftp to my site first to make it easier?

2. If so, which folder should I upload them to?

3. How do I make it where it uses those files instead of the ones on my computer so it does not try to upload them again when I publish?

Any help anyone can give me on this would be much appreciated. Thanks alot.

Re: quick question about images/movies

Well now I finally published it, but when I go to www.elitegamersonline.com I have to click on good.html (the page I published) to go to the site I made. Weird

Comment

Originally posted by Bigrussmooney
      Well now I finally published it, but when I go to www.elitegamersonline.com I have to click on good.html (the page I published) to go to the site I made. Weird
      That's because you have not yet published an "index" page. Save your homepage as "index" , save it and publish it. Take care to change the link to your homepage in your menu in " http://www.elitegamersonline.com/index.html "
      Last edited by navaldesign; 02-25-2006, 01:28 AM.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I don't know where I would be without your help. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi all! I need some help with adding mini clips to my website, I can add music and music videos no problem, but when I try to add a mini clip only the sound works no image. Also, when I try to publish it takes forever, too long! I've left it to publish for about 30 mins and it doesn't even start so I always end up giving up. I wonder if the file I'm using is copyrighted but it has nothing under properties. It's a game intro that comes with the game so can anyone please help me? I've already watched the video tutorials so that's not the problem.

Many thanks in advance,

Tara

Comment

It must be a question of file size or file type. Let us know size and type of your mini clip
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The file type is "avi"
              and the size is 1.41 mbps

I hope that's the info u mentioned, thanks so much

Comment

This should not be a problem at all. Provide the URL to the file so i can see if it loads
                Navaldesign

Comment

I tried publishing as the only item in the page and it loaded a little faster. My problem is still the same, I cannot see the image but the sounds works fine. Also, I would give you the URL but I am not sure I've done the link properly and frankly the tutorial was not too specific about the link.

This is where my file (Age2_X1.avi)came from....

C:\Documents and Settings\Axioma\Shared\Age2_X1.avi

And this is the homepage from where this file would be linked to...
                  http://www.ka-clan.com/

Can someone pls give me an idea as to how i would link the "avi" file to my home page?

Many thanks and I apologize for taking your time.

Comment

If you loaded it as a simple file and you want it to appear your computers media player, just make the link as : http://www......./yourfile.avi If instead you want it to appear in a player embedded in one of your pages, the link from the menu should only be a normal page link. However, i tested your file, there is only audio, it's properties also show it only has audio, and it took 4min 35 secs to download from your site ( I have DSL).
                    So i think the problem has to do with how you uploaded the file.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks so much for your help but since I don't know the root of the problem i've decided to do without the "video clip". I'll stick with my level of knowledge about website creating :).

Comment

Working...
                      X