• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellion_goddess
    Corporal

• Sep 2009

Site Width Help

Having trouble with site with. I set the page to 950px wide. But the computer I am on right now is an HD with a MUCH wider resolution. So when i check the preview i get this.

How do I fix this? because I am not the only one with an HD screen.
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Site Width Help

Well id rather see the live site to answer you. That looks like it didnt fully load. Try making your graphic less pixels and faster loading.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Karen's right ... the image did not load properly, most likely due to a weak or interrupted connection. (Happens a lot when using a "home" wireless connection instead of a broadband or wired connection)
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• hellion_goddess
        Corporal

• Sep 2009

it loaded right for me. I photoshopped some blur onto it because I was sharing it with some other people who I dont want them to see the theme just yet.

As you can see the top image repeats when the width is extended. I was able to do a partial fix by making the logo a separate image. But would like the tan to black gradient to only be the website part, and then have a different image for either side.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Are you intending for your Zebra image to be a Page Background?
          If so, you need to make sure your image is large enough to fill your page as expected. If you set your page as 950 wide, then you need to set your image to 950 wide as well to simply lay under your "page" and then select a complimentary color for a Background that will auto-fill the visitor's monitors. *Remember to 'place' your page as close as possible to the uppermost top-left position in your Blue Voda workspace, and in Page Properties select "Center in Browser" to be sure your Page will always be centered when visited.

If, on the other hand, you wish to make it a Site Background (done via Page Properties), then you will need to properly format your image so it does not 'tile' across the browser screen .... which varies according to the settings on each Visitor's monitor. Some tips to help you make a background in Blue Voda HERE
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X