Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make boxes go away while loading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make boxes go away while loading?

While my website loads, all the images are boxes, so basically the entire site loads like it is a bunch of images. I've never seen another website do this, and I was wondering if it was possible to make everything load at once?

Thanks much,
    Zach
    Animal Crossing Village!
    Your one stop website for the quirky and fun game of Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing Wild World, and Animal Crossing City Folk!
    Check us out now!

Re: How to make boxes go away while loading?

simple. You have too many large images. reduce the size of them and try not to use so many shapes as they take a lot of space. you want your site to be less than 200kb, preferably smaller if you want it to open quickly.

Go to your tool bar and select tools --> page weight. it will tell you the size of your page by kb. It will also give you a list of all images, shapes, scripts, or anything so you can figure out what needs to be downsided using an external program. remember, all those menus you have cost you a lot of page wieght. This page weight does not include any external file you may have... it's not the program, it's how all web browsers work. They don't like heavy pages for x,y, and z.
    Mr. Big Paw
    Somewhere in the CO mountains
    Big Paw Services

Comment

Your page is also setup too large. it's at 1281. change that to something smaller like 950 is ideal but 1000 is ok for most monitors these days. This will also reduce you page weight...
      Mr. Big Paw
      Big Paw Services

Comment

I've been trying to figure out how to resize my webpage. I have quite a bit of HTML knowledge, but am using BlueVoda to create a website more quickly.

How do I resize the webpage to make the width let's say 97% on any monitor instead of presizing the width?

Thanks again!
        Zach
        Animal Crossing Village!
        Your one stop website for the quirky and fun game of Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing Wild World, and Animal Crossing City Folk!
        Check us out now!

Comment

You can't make it by percent unless you have knowledge of dynamic html coding and that's beyond me. What you can do in BV is right click on the background and select page properties menu. There, in the first tab you will see page width and length. The length isn't as important as the browsers won't show it if it doesn't have text on it but it need to be at least as large as you shape or text area (the length of your page) Change the width to 900 if you think you have many users using old screens. 950 is safe 1000 is the limit as they say about 10% of people use screens that won't show the 1000 completely. You'll have to do this to every page as well as change all your shapes to fit the screen. BV with show you your page width with the upper ruler. It's will go as far as the width you set. BV will not limit you to that size so be careful not to put anything beyond that point. To help you stay safe, click and hold the virtical ruler on the right and drag it to place where you width ends. when you drag an image or text to it, is will freeze it in place unless you use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the object.

Good luck! you have a lot of tedious work ahead of you... FYI, most of us made the same error before we learned the system.
          Mr. Big Paw
          Big Paw Services

Comment

Thanks! I'll end up doing the HTML because I have quite a bit of knowledge in that area. BlueVoda is kind of my speedy way to build a quick site when I needed one. I'll end up coding most of it. I have to give BV credit though, great site builder!
            Anyway, thanks a lot for the help. As soon as I can get access to my laptop I'll change my width to a reasonable size. I'm currently using a 24-inch computer screen, so things are quite a bit wider for me that most computer screens. :P

Thanks again,
            Zach

P.S. I don't think this allows me to lock a thread myself. Correct me if I'm wrong.
            Animal Crossing Village!
            Check us out now!

Comment

You welcome.

Yes, using a large screen makes it hard to think about us little laptop screens.

Someone will eventually close the post, no need to worry about it;)
              Mr. Big Paw
              Big Paw Services

Comment

I re-did my entire website. It loads a lot quicker and fits all screens! :)
                Animal Crossing Village!
                Check us out now!

Comment

check out this link. read what collectors-info says and download the pixresizer. I was able to reduce the attached image from 338k to 61.9k.I t will upload almost 4 times faster.

Keep in mind that images need to be saved as if they are a link so no Capitalizing and no space bars. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... I can't tell you the amount of days/weeks I spent fixing images on my site's 50+ pages. Each image should also be saved per individual page with relevant name to the context of the page. So this image for example could be named "animal-crossing.jpg"

I'm unable to attach the image and your contact page is not working. A few other links are down as well. you may not have them up yet. Contact me via my contact form on my site and I'll email you the image if you would like...

Mr. Big Paw
                  Big Paw Services

Comment

Yes, I just recently reformatted my entire website and many of the links are not working yet. Emails can be sent to either my website's email support@animalcrossingvillage.com, or my personal email zachev2kool@comcast.net.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out!
                    Animal Crossing Village!
                    Check us out now!

Comment

Working...
                    X