X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links

www.allgifts.com.au

In reference to url address www.allgifts.com.au/souvenirsaustraliana.htm,
    I am linking text to view the next relevent page(s) but the url address(s)for the links do not appear to be saving. Should I be linking the box instead of the relevent text within it or is there another reason?

Also, I am having difficulty in understanding why some pages appear in RESTORE DOWN mode and not MAXIMISED. Should I be saving as target
    -blank or -self? I have tried both ways and yet some pages still appear in a different mode to others and yet all have been saved the same way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Russell

Re: Links

Originally posted by Rboyd View Post
    www.allgifts.com.au

In reference to url address www.allgifts.com.au/souvenirsaustraliana.html,
    I am linking text to view the next relevent page(s) but the url address(s)for the links do not appear to be saving. Should I be linking the box instead of the relevent text within it or is there another reason?

Also, I am having difficulty in understanding why some pages appear in RESTORE DOWN mode and not MAXIMISED. Should I be saving as target
    -blank or -self? I have tried both ways and yet some pages still appear in a different mode to others and yet all have been saved the same way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Russell
    You were missing the "L" in your link. I marked it in red. Check if you are using lbroken links like that. use your link validator. It will tell you if the links on the page are not broken in relevance to what you named your pages before you test it live online or publish and forget to check.

If what you are linking is text within a text box, highlight the entire word(s) and it will link just those word(s). If you are using buttons or images, in the properties of the image ot button, you'll see a tab for link. Add the link to it there.

If the links are your to pages within your site that you build, use the target"_self" exclusively. _Blank opens a new page - reserve it to links that are not for your page. _Parent is when you are using frames in your site, and _top is used to bring you to the top of the page
    Mr. Big Paw
    Somewhere in the CO mountains
    Big Paw Services

Comment

Many thanks Adir,
      I missed the "L" of html only when posting my thread..it actually was saved correctly. When using the target "-self" will the page open as a full
      maximised page or will it appear as reduced page? If not how do I publish pages so that they appear fully maximised.? I hope this makes sense.

Many thanks
      Russell
      Southern Australia

Comment

I'm not sure I understand your description of "maximized page or will it appear as reduced page".

Your page will be the width you set for it. hopefully it's less than 1000 grater than 900. Yours is currently set at 1099 justified left. reduce the size of it as many screens will have to add a side scroll to adjust for your page width. If you do not like the page justified to the left, in the page properties change the setting by checking the box "center in browser".
        Mr. Big Paw
        Somewhere in the CO mountains
        Big Paw Services

Comment

Working...
        X