• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • howdy
    Private

• Oct 2009

unwanted text background

davidswatercolor.com

I have text that does not show any background color (or, highlighting), and some that does. All text have the same properties. No text shows any background in the BlueVoda website builder, but does appear in the preview and online after publishing. I want all text to have no background (no white box in which text is located) in order to have the page background appear all the way to the edges of the text. See above link for page in question.
    Last edited by howdy; 10-01-2009, 04:10 PM. Reason: Added page link
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: unwanted text background

You can try to reset the text backgound. If that doesn't work, delete the text and insert it again.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• howdy
      Private

• Oct 2009

I both reset the background color and deleted and retyped the text, all with no change to the situation.

As another test, I made the text of one field bold and the white background went away in the preview. So next, I made the other fields with uwanted backgrounds that had bold text characters unbolded. This did not eliminate the unwanted background color. So, I made them bold again, and there was no change to the background. Situation is partly solved, I still have thew unwanted background in some places.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Don't simple delete the content of the text box, ENTIRELY delete by selecting it and pressing CANC and then add the text again.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• howdy
          Private

• Oct 2009

I have been deleting the entire text box, not just the text within. This is a very puzzling problem.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Unless you accidentally add background yourself (by clicking on the background icon) this has no explanation. Since this condition has never been encountered before, i can't know what might be wrong. Are you using BV10 or BV 11 ?
            Navaldesign

Comment

• Tom vR
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

I have experienced this problem before myself and I have just simulated it again using BV11. I get the same condition that you have. The problem is that once you have selected the text bacground, there is no way to get rid of it as it does NOT reset when you Reset the Background. If you copy the text to a new text box, then the background is pasted along with it.

The only way to gid rid of this background is to create a new text box and RETYPE the text. Else if you have long sentences, copy and paste the text to Notepad. Then copy and paste it from there to a new text box in BV. I hope this helps.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

• howdy
                Private

• Oct 2009

Thanks gentlemen, I got it to work. There is a real quirky thing with the BV 10.1 I am using. After text is accepted by clicking outside the edit box, ANY change to it (font size, bold, etc.) will automatically cause the text to be placed over a white background that is only visible in either the preview or published online page. Before new text is accepted, ALL characteristics must apparently be set-up because any going back and changing a characteristic will cause the unmodifiable white box.

I had to delete the offending text box, open a new one and retype the text, then modify what I wanted to about it before accepting it. Any going back and editing caused the white box to appear online.

Comment

Working...
                X