• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crazzzydave
    Sergeant First Class

• Jan 2009

Password Protected Webpage

Hi guys.

My sites are proving popular now, and combined with the phpbb forum, we have a lot of members. I have now included downloads for members (read one of your replies on how to make files downloadable!)
    The thing is, I only want people who have registered as members on the forum to have access to the downloads page. I dont want visitors just browsing the site to have access to the downloads page.

Is there a way of giving a page a password, so anyone going to that page has to enter a password, and if they dont have it they get sent back to previous page?

Any help appreciated as always.

Dave
    http://www.hondaclub-uk.com/
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Password Protected Webpage

Yes. there are way, but all of them require custom made scripts, especially if they need to work with the same database as phpBB
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• ahimsa
      Major General

• Jan 2009

...you could start here ?
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by ahimsa View Post
        ...you could start here ?
        How can he use a password protected folder with the phpBB forum password ?????
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Tom Finley
          Brigadier General

• Mar 2008

On my vBulletin-powered site I put a link with user name and password to a "Hidden Treasure" free downloads protected page on the welcome email that a newly-registered member automatically receives. Navaldesign is right (as always!): to have a unique user name and password (or for the member to make his or her own) a script would be necessary. But if you just want a a single user name and password for all, put them on the confirmation email.
          CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
          CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
          CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

• ahimsa
            Major General

• Jan 2009

sorry.......
            Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
            X