Viewing Issues IE/Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing Issues IE/Firefox

Hi, Thatchman here, www.sniperforex.com.

I am having a major issues with how things display on Firefox (latest version) and IE (version . A prime example is here:

Any new testimonials I add to the top of the columns appear fine in Firefox, though I have to be careful with the spacing as the preview is not very accurate, in IE the new text appears at the bottom of the page! In fact, anything I add to a BVP page appears at the bottom of the page in IE, another great example is here:

Additionally, is there a limit to how many text characters can be added to
    a column? i.e. the above "testimonials" page, the two columns stopped accepting new text and I had to split them into 2 columns 1 above the other and I now have to be very careful when adding as how the page looks in bvp is not how it appears in the preview or in a live browser, i.e. text can very easily overlap.

Regards and tx in advance
    Thatchman

Re: Viewing Issues IE/Firefox

Exactly how did you get the text on to the page in the first place?
    If you just used two text boxes side by side then that would cause the problem.

IE and Firefox both handle line breaks differently and that is the main source of misalignment you get from them.

The best way to handle it (if that is the problem) is to only use small text boxes that have about eight lines maximum in them. Then another and another.
    Video Editing Software Reviews
    Video Editing Software Tips
    DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I simply copy and paste from customer emails that provide me with a testimonial, into L and R hand columns. there is a lot of text so lots of small text boxes is going to be messy and time consuming, but if that's the solution then so be it.

Why though would this page

Be (relatively) neat in Firefox and so messy in IE - banner at top in FF, bottom in IE, everything misaligned in IE etc.

Thanks
      Thatchman

Comment

Unfortunately I think that is what you are going to have to do. I know it's a pain to do but it generally handles the line break problems.

The page in your post does not display well in Firefox at all.It has a huge white-space area under the footer and the little animated gif thing at the top of the page is covering the "Contact" and "Newsletter" button on the top navigation bar partially.

If the use of smaller text boxes doesn't fix that one then you need to look at any html boxes that are on the page and make sure they all have the full closing chevron present. It looks like this >

As another general owrd of advice I tend not to publish anything until I have the page looking ok in both IE and Firefox and often it is a balancing act!
        DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Your problem are due to the code you have added for the flash. You have missed a closing > tag after EMBED (at the end of your code).
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for checking

In the flash, the code ends with

</embed>
            </object>

Where is the error?
            Thatchman

Comment

Right click in Firefox and choose "View Source."
              Scroll to the bottom of the page then slowly scroll up until you see this:
              PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED</div>

Do you see that? The embed is missing a chevron at the end of it,
              should be </EMBED></div>
              DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Working...
              X