• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richmomma
    Private First Class

• Mar 2006

Web Page Size - Design & Formatting

Hello all. I've been searching for page size info here and can't seem to find the answer to my question. Perhaps someone can help me out!

I'm a new user and just starting to work with BlueVoda. I've watched/read all the tutorials.

I have come to the conclusion that the most widely recommended size to build my site at is 600 wide x 800 high. Now here's where it get's confusing - I've gone to the Page Properties section and set the page at 600 x 800. I've also noticed that the page dimensions appear in another place (Layout - Guide Settings). If I check the box that says "Show Guide Borders", it changes the white space on my page by placing a blue line around an area. Does this mean that inside the blue line is 600 x 800, or is 600 x 800 the entire area I see on my page? How am I to know within which area I should design the site to be compatible with this 600 x 800 size?

I hope I am explaining myself clearly enough! Please help! I don't want to design my site and then have it at the wrong dimensions.

Thanks!
  • racefan20
    Major General

• Jul 2005

Re: Web Page Size - Design & Formatting

You want to stay within the dashed vertical line on the right of the page. Clicking View on your BV toolbar and enabling rulers will help you with this as well.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• richmomma
      Private First Class

• Mar 2006

Re: Web Page Size - Design & Formatting

Got it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X