Members login area help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members login area help needed

On the new version of bv (bv11.4) you can set up login pages where members use their own usename and password to access a members area of a website, now, do i need to set up the pages in the members area as php and not html?, where do i start? , nearly all my members pages are html, do i need to change them all?...so many questions... Do i need to create new folders in my cp (control panel) ???.. Where's jesus when you need him?, please help !!.

Re: Members login area help needed

answers??, anyone????

Comment

All script pages need to be php
      No need for new folders, the scripts protects each single page.
      Protected pages MUST also be php
      You start creating, in order:

1. A page with the Signup object which will create the Signup form
      2. A page with the Login object (that will be used for users to Login each time they visit)
      3. a Page with the Admini object (That will allow you to manage your users)
      4. A Deny page: a page with a simple "Sorry, you have no permissions to access this page. Please Login or Register" message. Link the "Login" text to the Login page, and the Signup text to the Signup page.
      5. A Page with the Forgot Password object, that will allow your members to recover their password if forgotten.

Plus, in each page that you wish to protect, you need to add the "Password Protect Page" object.

Please note that BV 11.4 is NOT yet bug free and it is NOT recommended to use it for production purposes.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

HI naval design, thanks for your reply, much appreciated!, when i create the 'sign up' page with the sign up object that will create the sign up form, i then save it as PHP, then do i publish it?, and where will i be able to access these pages when i create them?, from my control panel?, sorry to be so brainless... please help thanks!.

Comment

Originally posted by chriscartoons View Post
          HI naval design, thanks for your reply, much appreciated!, when i create the 'sign up' page with the sign up object that will create the sign up form, i then save it as PHP, then do i publish it?,
          Yes !

and where will i be able to access these pages when i create them?, from my control panel?, sorry to be so brainless... please help thanks!.
          In the same way you access any normal page of your site, through your navigation menu! Create a protected "Members Homepage" that will be the login destination page, and add there the necessary menus or links to allow your users to navigate through the protected pages as they would normally do.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
            Yes !

In the same way you access any normal page of your site, through your navigation menu! Create a protected "Members Homepage" that will be the login destination page, and add there the necessary menus or links to allow your users to navigate through the protected pages as they would normally do.
            Naval Design, thanks again sir. Please take a moment to look at this.... I have created public area and a protected area on my website (http://eroticfantasycomix.com) i want people to join via paypal (http://eroticfantasycomix.com/join.html) i want them to choose their usenames and passwords , i want it done all automatically. where do i start?, where do i put the sign up button?, where do i put the login button? where do i put the admin area? where do i put the forgot password button etc etc...
            i'm nearly there, its nearly done, all i need is instructions. can you suggest me what to do?.
            grazie molto.
            Chris.

Comment

The BV built in Login script CAN'T cooperate with PayPal, meaning that you can have your users pay through PayPal, BUT the script is not updated automatically, so you will need to MANUALLY set the users status to Active so they can access the protected area.

I have already answered you about the pages, please look again at my post above. Just create the pages as instructed above, and publish them in your site just as if they were normal pages.
              Navaldesign

Comment

thanks naval, i'll give it a shot, if i get stuck again i'll give you a holler

Comment

Navel please help I did creat all the pages and published them but when I try them on the web they do not go anywhere
                  Please help

Comment

I need a link to your pages to see how they behave.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for the post for my question please read below here I have detail explanation of what I need to get going
                      Within Blue Voda software and on the menu there is a section called "LOGIN TOOLS" and there are no tutorials for it
                      If you double click On this fixed forms you get to the forms property and without a basic knowledge it is hard to figure what you need to modify and it is hard to manage and undrestand and how and where to save "Create Databas" in order to get each individual form to connect and work properly
                      Every other turtorial is explaind well but this part
                      I appreciate if you could diret me to solve this issue that is stock in my brainless head!

Comment

I'm afraid that this would require me to actually create a full tutorial, which is very hard for me due to limited free time.

Please also note that the current BV version should be final (bug free) in a couple of days, and immediatelly after the necessary new tutorials will also be posted.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                          I'm afraid that this would require me to actually create a full tutorial, which is very hard for me due to limited free time.

Please also note that the current BV version should be final (bug free) in a couple of days, and immediatelly after the necessary new tutorials will also be posted.
                          Thank so much for your post Naval
                          I have figured out much of it the only issue is how and where to create the database.
                          Can you please let me know when the tutorials are available
                          Hope you have a great weekend.

Comment

HELP! Created pages for member login. How do I create the database and how do i access it.

What is meant by the remote folder and Where do i save the data file

Comment

PLEASE! Don't use features of a product that is still beta!

Please look at my last post: BV 11 is still beta, you should NOT be using it for production purposes, only for tests. And tutorials still need to be published after the product becomes stable!
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X