Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 404 document not found

Hello from www.subeagle.com

This is driving me nuts. At the bottom of cp awstats is displayed the number of hits for 404 document not found. I have run links verification for each of my pages and cannot find any invalid link that should produce this message. Is there another utility that I can use to check how this error happens?

Thanks for your assist

Millie
    Millie
    www.subeagle.com

Re: 404 document not found

It is telling you that a formatted "Custom Error 404 Page" is not being found (do a Forum Search to find out how to make your own Error Page), and is now generally expected to be a part of every web build.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I got that error a lot when the web page where named incorrectly for example (Contact.php instead contact.php) web browsers do not recognize capital letters on the pages names in Addition web browser do not recognize white spaces on the pages names instead try to put an underscore in between the two names example: (contact_tmp.php instead of contact tmp.php). Also make sure that the page is uploaded in the correct directory on your control panel the page must be in public.html directory not anywhere else

Comment

Thanks Gents

What I did was follow the .htaccess mod that I found in one of the threads. I tested it and it seems to work. I will monitor my 404 hits and decide what to do next if it continues.

Millie
        Millie
        www.subeagle.com

Comment

Working...
        X