• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael Mejer
    Corporal

• Nov 2009

Standard Pop Up settings

What are the standard size and position, pop up settings?

Please only respond if you do know, and not just have "an idea"

Thanks!
  • Mikael Mejer
    Corporal

• Nov 2009

Re: Standard Pop Up settings

Meaning what are the standard pixel settings (the the pop up browser opens in)?

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

In Blue Voda, as in the new featured functionality? Try it and see. Or, you can simply view or modify them in the dialog box as your create them.

or

In most instances, as in a universal standard for the majority of web builds? Typically, pop-up's are a minimum of 300x400 and a maximum of no more than 75% of the created page it presents over (with regard to the out-of-the-box monitor resolutions of 1024x768 and web page size of 800 wide).
      Positioning is completely unique to the web page designed under them and the preference of the "designer": some want them to appear covering a specific portion of the page only, or need to appear below a slideshow or header, so it is a matter of consideration on how to configure the settings altogether.

If you did nothing to the configuration, if I remember correctly, most pop-up's will be 300wX400t and present at 250 lines/***xels from the top of the page and 150 pixels to the right of the left page margin.

If you wish to create your own pop-up with a scrollbar, and specify the size of the new window as well as the precise position it opens, you simply can use this script that you paste into the Hyperlink dialogbox (the editable areas are shown in red):

#" onClick="window.open('http://www.yoursite.com/yourpage.html', '','scrollbars=1,width=300,height=200,left=150,top=250'); return false;"

If you do not want a scrollbar on your exact-sized pop-up, change the 1 to 0

You could have Googled for this info, had it quicker, and not come across as patronizing your Forum Peers as well!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Mikael Mejer
        Corporal

• Nov 2009

This is what you´re recommending.

Is this your ideal pop up?

Comment

• Collectors-info
          General

• Feb 2006

Its an impossible question. There are so many variations on size according to the content of the popup. Will it contain an image, form, text, combination of all. If a single image! Which orientation will the image be in. You also cant say what the screen settings are that your visitor will have & how many tool bars they will have at the top of their screen. I have 4 open + browser tabs, so a pop-up may look further down my screen than others will see.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mikael Mejer View Post
            This is what you´re recommending.
            Is this your ideal pop up?
            http://www.affiliate-marketing-cours...tionpopup.html
            I am not "recommending" anything ... I merely answered your inquiry regarding the "standard" (or default) settings on pop-up's, and offered some background considerations so you would be able to understand the bigger picture when making considerations for your use. I even provided an on-click script for you to use, if you wished to do it manually.

You should try to exercise better "forum decorum" if you expect others to interact with you without issue in the future .... I'm just saying!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X