• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glendene
    Major

• Jul 2008

IE vs Firefox problem

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to check this out for me. I am building a new site and it looks fine in FF but in I it's like a bowl of spaghetti... all over the place. I have refreshed etc but can't seem to get it right. Perhaps it's my browser? Anyways, please take a look here
    Thanks in advance
    The Female Zone
  • glendene
    Major

• Jul 2008

Re: IE vs Firefox problem

(Sorry, all over the place in IE)
    The Female Zone

Comment

• DarrenC
      Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

It looks like you have 2 index pages.

Find Women Fashion Tips & Tricks. Find Fashion blogs, Health & Lifestyle Tips for Women. Stay updated with the latest trends and fashion at thefemalez

Find Women Fashion Tips & Tricks. Find Fashion blogs, Health & Lifestyle Tips for Women. Stay updated with the latest trends and fashion at thefemalez

This is the one you posted http://www.thefemalezone.com/index.html which looks fine in FF but has gone mad in IE

I think IE has got confused because it doesn't know which index page to call up and has got jumbled.

If its the html version you want to go with, I would go into your server files and delete the .php version and see if that helps.
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• glendene
        Major

• Jul 2008

Hey thanks DarrenC. That makes sense to me but I can't find a php version of my index page even though you have supplied a link to it... sorry, not that experienced but I went into the ftp manager, cpanel and my local BV files but can't find an index.php file... hmmm.. any other clues?
        thanks
        The Female Zone

Comment

• DarrenC
          Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Have a look in your cpanel, it has to be there...lol... I had a similar problem a few months ago. Make sure you are looking in the right folder though. What I mean is if this is an addon domain you have to look in the addon folder...if you know what I mean.
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• glendene
            Major

• Jul 2008

Thanks Mate. Yes it is an addon domain. I found the index.php (sorry) just found it... deleted it but still the problem persists.
            The Female Zone

Comment

• DarrenC
              Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Hmmmmm....I wasn't expecting that!! The only thing else I can think of then is the the 3rd party stuff, like Google, the banner on the bottom right and any others. I would take them off and publish and test and then systematically put them back on again, to illiminate problems with those.
              I don't know what else to suggest....
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• glendene
                Major

• Jul 2008

Thanks DarrenC for your quick response and helpful advice. I will work on it
                Ta
                The Female Zone

Comment

Working...
                X