Edit vs. Code Editor vs. HTML Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit vs. Code Editor vs. HTML Editor

After logging into cPanel, selecting File Manager, and choosing the directory I want to work with, the options near the top of the page include these three icons (in consecutive order):

- Edit
    - Code Editor
    - HTML Editor

What's the difference between these options? It sounds and looks like they're all there for the same reason: to allow me to revise the HTML code generated by BV for a particular page.

Are there certain situations where I want to use one of these options, and other situations where I should use another? Thank you.

Re: Edit vs. Code Editor vs. HTML Editor

Edit: Just opens the page in a text editor so is good for files that are small or just have little pieces of code or script on them.

Code Editor: Opens the file in a text/html type editing interface with the lines of the code numbered. Good for editing the html of a full page when you need to be able to find a particular piece of the code or a specific line of code.

HTML Editor: Opens the page in a WYSIWYG type interface. Not much good for anything that I can see! If you need to start changing the page like that you are better off doing it on your computer in BlueVoda than using a clunky online WYSIWYG editing interface.
    Video Editing Software Reviews
    Video Editing Software Tips
    DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Re: Edit vs. Code Editor vs. HTML Editor

Excellent . . . thank you, Lance!

Comment

Working...
      X