• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marko Nighthawk
    Corporal

• Nov 2009

New Page - Application Error Message

I recently completed and published pages for my website. All of these pages work fine, and have been updated and published many times. There is no issue with these original pages.

In the past two days I decided to begin fleshing out some changes for the next possible website update. I began by starting a new blank page in the web page builder. After messing around with some ideas and elements, I saved the page. I returned to it a few hours later and retrieved it. As soon as it loaded the following box appeared, stating:

"BlueVoda has encountered a problem and needs to close."

When this box closed there was another behind it which stated:

"BlueVoda.exe - Application Error"
    "The instruction at "0x5f801088" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be read." Click on OK to terminate the program.

This has been occurring consistently with only the new page. I have:

1. Deleted and tried the page again with a different page name. No luck.
    2. Reloaded the BV Webpage Builder (newest version), and then created the new page again, saved it, and then attempted to retrieve it. No luck.
    3. I retrieved one of the original pages and then saved it with a new page sequence number, but within the sequence of the other pages. Saved it and closed the page builder. Brought it back up and loaded that page without a hitch.

This is only occurring when adding elements into a new 'Blank Page', saving it, and then trying to retrieve it.

Has anyone else run across this? As noted the original page set can be retrieved and worked on without this occurring.

Should this be directed to the Customer Service guru's?

Thanks!

Marko

(I just tried posting this after logging in and it wouldn't take the post. Hopefully it won't show up.)
  • balze20
    Private First Class

• Aug 2007

Re: New Page - Application Error Message

You have a corrupted registry file, missing system files, or wrong system settings

Comment

• Marko Nighthawk
      Corporal

• Nov 2009

BV worked fine, and still does, per all of the original pages... only happens as a new page with a new file name. Registry has been cleaned and 'repaired'. Don't have a clue as to what you are referring to regarding the system this or that stuff.

I'm actually working around the problem by designing the new pages in the original file structure. I'll just rename everything when it's time to publish them.

Thanks

Marko

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

I'm afraid this is a problem related to the specific computer, and there isn't much we can do.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Does this happen for all pages ? or only some ?

Try installing BV on another computer and try opening the problematic pages, if the error persists then probably these pages are for some reason corrupted.

Also try creating a new page, saving it, closing and then opening it again, and post back.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X