• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Build in login system

The page for the admin, created in BV, must NOT have the same name as the php script (loginadmin) that works in the back.

Rename the page to simply "admin", and publish ALL FILES
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• venommagazine
      Sergeant

• Sep 2008

Thank you so much!!!! It is working perfectly now. I have 4 websites that must be created. 2 of which I have already completed http://www.pmemodels.com & http://www.illumemanagementgroup.com
      However, the other 2 will have client login pages as well. Therefore, I would rather get all my trials and errors corrected now so that the other websites are a breeze to create. Thanks again for your help!

Comment

• venommagazine
        Sergeant

• Sep 2008

I do have one more question :) Is there a way that once approved an automatic email is sent to the new member letting them know their account has been activated?

Comment

• terry_pro
          Corporal

• Sep 2008

Naveldesign... When will you be updating the Login tutorial to include code that can redirect customers to their own specific pages? Many Thanks :)

Comment

• terry_pro
            Corporal

• Sep 2008

Hi Naval,

I am having a few problems with the login features, i can create a db no problems, how do i get my other published pages linked to it, as it seems it will only read the db if it is in the same folder ?

Many Thanks

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Not sure I understand. You don't need to LINK your pages to the db.

The Protect Page object simply verifies if a user is logged in or not. If not, it redirects the user to the login page.
              At that point, the pages can be in any folder.

Or did I misread your post ?
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• terry_pro
                Corporal

• Sep 2008

Sorry Navel, i was getting to carried away. let me explian :

1. I created the admin panel (www.techtranseu.com/ava.admin.php)and the db. The admin screen works fine so i assume the db is being read and working well.

2. Have a created the login page in the same folder (www.techtranseu.com/ava/login.php). However when i try to login, it just refreshes the page and i am not redirected to any of the pages i have listed in the object properties. (./lobby.php) or (./unauthorised.php).

3.In the login object properties i am unable to type a page, i must select it from a location, this may be the problem, do i select it from the bluevoda location (saved pages) or the FTP location ?

4. I would like people to go straight to the lobby.php page when they log-in, But when i add the page protection and publish the page, it still lets me view it and does not redirect me to the login page.

Thanks i hope this explains the scenrio a bit more clearly.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

1. Can you add, delete etc users from within the Admin page ?
                  2. Are the lobby.php and unauthorised.php pages in the same folder ? In anyway, you CAN type the pages URLs, you don't need to browse to location.
                  3. Your "lobby" page DOESN'T contain the Protect Page object, so it is not protected. At least that's what I see in the page code.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

• terry_pro
                    Corporal

• Sep 2008

1. Yes the admin page is fully functional.
                    2. yes all the related .php pages are published to the same folder, also i type the pages into the object properties but they disapear when i go back into them?
                    3.the lobby page did have the protect page property?

Let my retry with another site i am working on.

Thanks again !

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I recall another member having the same issues. He did NOT have the latest BV version (11.4 G)

Please update your BV.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

• terry_pro
                        Corporal

• Sep 2008

THANK YOU,

You are the man Navel, maybe i should check my e-mails from Voda more often. 11.4 !!! all working now, just need try and compress all my files now to optermise my site, before i transfer it to its domain. Many, Many thanks.

www.techtranseu.com/mkunited

Comment

• Judahpeter
                          Sergeant

• Nov 2009

I have a question.
                          I have about 10 pages for my site based on the login script. I created all the pages in .php and everything is in place and they all work individually when I published them. Then I went to link them together and no problems.

When I went to test is out, my problem is that my signup doesn't work!. All it does is take me to my access_denied.php page, even though this isn't in the parameters of the signup properties. (the signup box doesn't have a errorpage parameter!!) I tried to have the following pages protected and then not protecting them to see if they made a difference; nope.

I read over the tutorial really well and I have a good grasp on it. This seems almost like a bug to me. I even tried making a new signup and it does the same thing, except this one takes me to index page regardless of any input variables). I have the latest version of BV, and the database is in the correct folder and database name matches where it supposed to.

Any idea why this is happening? I can't even get the signup to fail with a bad email or bad username.

In closing, after I publish the page, it doesn't matter what I enter in the signup box, I always get directed to the access_denied.php that I made!

Please help! Thanks in advance
                          I am the way, the truth, and the life. John 14:6
                          www.preaching-truth.com

Comment

• Judahpeter
                            Sergeant

• Nov 2009

I think through prayer and troubleshooting I found the problem. I have a "Login" and a "Signup" form on the SAME page and I don't think that BV supports this. That could explain why I am getting the accessdenied.php when I use the "Signup" form; it's because the "Login" has the accessdenied.php in it's parameters.

Next, I created a new page with just the "Signup" page, but it still didn't take me to my protected page. But when I created a page with just the "Login", the "Login" DID work. Mind you, they are identical databases.

That brings me to another question. So if the "Signup" doesn't take me to a protected page successfully, does that mean that the "Signup" form actually doesn't "LOG" you into the protected pages? Do I still have to officially "Login" once I'm signed up? Hope this isn't to confusing :)

Would someone please clarify this?

Thanks,

In Christ, Shawn
                            www.preaching-truth.com

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

From the Tutorial (did you read it carefully ?)

Functionality:
                              The script consists in a number of objects that each allows you to achieve a specific task. EACH object must be in a page of its own, so don’t add multiple objects in a single page.

And YES, Signup is not enough for a user to reach the protected pages. He must Login. Please note that if the Acount activation is set to "Admin Activation = True", the account must be activated by the site administrator before the user can Login.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

• Judahpeter
                                Sergeant

• Nov 2009

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                                Functionality:
                                The script consists in a number of objects that each allows you to achieve a specific task. EACH object must be in a page of its own, so don’t add multiple objects in a single page. .

Oops. I must of missed that line. :) Thanks for clarifying this issue for me. :) God bless!

In Christ, Shawn
                                www.preaching-truth.com

Comment

Working...
                                X