Guestbook spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guestbook spam

I'm really tired of spam in my guestbook. I get daily between 2 and 6 spams in my guestbook. How can I avoid that?

Re: Guestbook spam

Unfortunately you need one where you can approve the postings before they are shown on-line. I am assuming you have the Captcha enabled?
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

What's Captcha and how do i enable it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ovation View Post
        What's Captcha and how do i enable it?
        Click on you guest book to access properties & its under the advance tab.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanx, but I can see that Captcha is enabled

Comment

Then its got to be some poor kid getting paid the lowest of wages doing it manually. (Not a lot you can do about this) The one i have on my site has to be approved by me before it gets posted on the page.
            Its the comments link on this page, script available at this page. (Not a freebie)
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris

I have bought the script Post a comment, from the link you had in your thread, but I don't know how to install it into my website through Blue Voda. I also bought Image Gallery and have no clue how to install that either. The people from phpscripthelper.com are trying to help, install it for me, but I'm a little in doubt as to how they are gonna do it. I will appreciate if you let me know how you installed yours. I guess you are also using Blue Voda to build your site.

Comment

If phpscripthelper.com are offering to help, they will need your login details to set up both scripts & would advise going this route. In the folders you have downloaded both have help files in then to help with the install if you want to try yourself, but you will have to set up your My SQL databases to use these scripts & enter the info as per help pages.
                Sorry i am not much more help, but it would take quite a a few pages to explain, & if they are offering, it would save a lot of time.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I know this is an old thread and Vasili said somewhere else that the spam is unpreventable - but since the Guestbook is still part of BlueVoda, has a solution been found meanwhile? Thank you! (I turned mine off for now as I got sick of having to manually delete tons of spam every day)

Comment

Hi, no, there have been no solutions to this besides the one above, in general guestbooks are vulnerable to spam postings.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                    X