Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I frame problem with Twitter

Hello,

I am building a personal website and want to put my Twitter profile on a page in an Iframe on my website.

I have a problem and this is the first time it has ever happened.

If I put it in an Iframe the page starts to load and then just goes to my Twitter profile. Its like the Iframe cant hold it and redirects the page straight to my twitter profile on the Twitter website.

Why is it doing this? Is this something Twitter has done to prevent being able to have your Twitter account on your own website??

I know I can get a Twitter widget but would rather use an Iframe.

Am I doing something wrong even though I have used Iframes a million times??

Please offer suggestions on why this happens.

Thanks in advance

Re: I frame problem with Twitter

Its quite likely looking for a cookie from your computer to let it go to your personal page, but it wont get this from the VH server & defaults to the twitter home page. Not sure you can do anything about this.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the response.

This is the first time ever I cant put a page in an Iframe. It wont even do it if I use the Twitter sign in page so it doesnt have anything to do with it being a profile thing.

Its very strange. Myspace does the same thing too. The real weird part is how it redirects to Twitter in the same page which replaces my page.

Comment

I did some research today and found out that Twitter and Myspace both have a code on their sites that prevent you from placing them in a Iframe.

Comment

Its quite likely to stop others placing your Twitter address on there own web page.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Iframe is currently under attack and a large cause of malware intrusion.

Avoid IFrame in your webpages if you can.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
            X