• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nestar08
    Sergeant

• Apr 2008

404 Not Found?.

Hello,

I have discovered that my index page is not functioning.It loads then goes to 404 not found page.--

The requested URL/index was not found on this server?.

I have not made any recent changes,but other pages appear fine when entering URL.

When I look at my sites error hits there is a multitude of url error hits that I can't even understand.

Learn how to charge your PSP via a USB charging cable.What models can be charged using a USB cable.Can a PSP be charged using this method with a flat battery?.

Is there any way of correcting index without republishing,as I'm making changes.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou,

Ashley.
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: 404 Not Found?.

There is a real mess in your page!
    Lots of links , lots of "strange" code, badly formatted (doesn't seem BV generated code.

Anyway, amomg these, there is this code:

<ahref=http://sagebrushtech.com/fayee/<META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="3;URL=index.php">><METAHTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="3;URL=index"></a><br>

which does a redirect to index.php and index (without extension) thus the issue.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Crashis Clay
      Corporal

• Jun 2008

Originally posted by nestar08 View Post
      Hello,

I have discovered that my index page is not functioning.It loads then goes to 404 not found page.--

The requested URL/index was not found on this server?.

I have not made any recent changes,but other pages appear fine when entering URL.

When I look at my sites error hits there is a multitude of url error hits that I can't even understand.

Learn how to charge your PSP via a USB charging cable.What models can be charged using a USB cable.Can a PSP be charged using this method with a flat battery?.

Is there any way of correcting index without republishing,as I'm making changes.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou,

Ashley.
      Same problem at abellrc.com, artfulldodger is probably right

Comment

• Marincky
        General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by Crashis Clay View Post
        Same problem at abellrc.com, artfulldodger is probably right
        I think you'll find George is right here...
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Crashis Clay
          Corporal

• Jun 2008

Voda27 is my server, cant even get in to the c panel, probably maintenance

Comment

• Marincky
            General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by Crashis Clay View Post
            Voda27 is my server, cant even get in to the c panel, probably maintenance
            Yours is a totally separate issue to this one. This guy has some pretty messed up code on his page.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Crashis Clay
              Corporal

• Jun 2008

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
              Yours is a totally separate issue to this one. This guy has some pretty messed up code on his page.
              Gotya

Comment

• Crashis Clay
                Corporal

• Jun 2008

I should have paid more attention, my page error is Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error. rather than the 404

Comment

• nestar08
                  Sergeant

• Apr 2008

Hello,

I've read your comments.

Could you advise me on how to remedy this problem?.

Your suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashley.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Remove all code that you have placed in your page yourself.
                    Start adding it back, one opiece at a time, and each time test until you find which piece of code causes this.

The mess I see is not normal. It is very difficult that someone provided you such code, probably you have messed it your self whilst embedding it in your page.
                    Navaldesign
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• nestar08
                      Sergeant

• Apr 2008

I have checked the codes I've added through HTML,but could not find code you pointed out.

A friend checked it out online ,and he discovered that there is a lot of foreign
                      code including a string of unknown URL's??.

I do not know much about codes etc.

What can I do.

Thanks,

Ashley.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

If there is code in the page that you did not add yourself, follow these steps:

1. Change the cpanel password
                        2. Browse ALL possible files and folders looking for some strange file or folder that you don't recognize as placed there by you
                        This must be done in the public_html and all subfolders.
                        3. If you find any, you should remove it or rename it (so you will npt loose it if you are mistaken and it SHOULD be there.
                        4. Republish your page directly from BV.
                        5. Check the page code again, online.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                        X