• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wrabbit
    Sergeant

• Jan 2010

page display on different monitors

I have noticed that different size monitors open my website in different ways. On my laptop everything is beautifully centered, but on more square monitors, the website it moved to the side and on Mini laptops its different again. I tried playing with different page settings, including centering page.

What is the correct page width so that it opens the same on any size computer Screen?

Also, any tips or tricks to speed up the page loading?

Thankyou
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: page display on different monitors

Would need the page url for a correct answer.
    A 1000px max as a page width, some of us are still using 800.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• wrabbit
      Sergeant

• Jan 2010

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

I would move/delete the 3 items in the top left corner & move the whole page to the far left of your BV screen, then set the width to 902 & select centre in browser horizontally. Preview.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• wrabbit
          Sergeant

• Jan 2010

oh wow....I See......OH MAN, I have to do that to every page! So if I do what you say, set it 902 page width, and move the 3 left links to the right ( for example)....it should open identically in any size monitor?

Its a lot of work to shift all my pages...but I guess I will get on it. Thankyou.

Comment

• Collectors-info
            General

• Feb 2006

Go to any of your pages & press Ctrl A to highlight all & move all in 1 hit, save & re-publish.
            The 3 left images are about 180 wide, so this will put your page about 80px over the top & will end up with side scroll again if put them on the right. Place them at the top or bottom of the page.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• wrabbit
              Sergeant

• Jan 2010

I am going to try something else....now that you have given me the clue on this centering thing. I will just insert an invisible image in the background strec***hing from screen to screen...This way over time, I am still able to use the edges of the webpage to add banners ets or links for advertising.

If I do it your way, then I lose completely control over the left side of the webpage. Its a sneaky way to do it my way, but I gian control over that space which I will need later. I think it will work.

Thankyou so much for your advice, it has given me the understanding of my mistake, which actually is going to work out to my favour now.

R.

Comment

Working...
              X