• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • outbackjackie
    Sergeant

• Jun 2007

creating own template need help

Hi I am currently making a website for a community group and I have designed a page format and saved it as a template for the project. I thought saving it as a template would somehow lock the different elements togther thus sort of creating "one entity" . I believed this would then make downloading faster once published as the page structure which is the same for all pages would load as one entity. However it still loads the page element by element.

How do you create a template that locks all these elements together and then you just edit the main body for each separate page??

I have published a couple of pages for this site so you can have a look
    Come visit the birthplace of Australia's steel industry!

What I ultimately want is a page rich in presentation but still loads quickly as many outback towns still are stuck on dialup.
  • glendene
    Major

• Jul 2008

Re: creating own template need help

Hi outbackjackie, Maybe this will help. Personally I don't bother with templates, rather I just build a 'home' page and use that as the base page for all other pages. (save as). I noticed that you have a few broken links, perhaps your'e just building the site. Also, your images are saved as PNG and they are quite large in terms of KB's. You need to "save for web" using photoshop or pixresizer for faster page opening.
    I hope this helps
    Good Luck
    The Female Zone

Comment

• DarrenC
      Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

What you can also do as a way to lock everything together is to compose your template and take a screen shot of it. This way you will have only have one image instead of several and then use Glendene's suggestion to use Naval Designs method to create a Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• glendene
        Major

• Jul 2008

When you are in Photoshop, select 'save for web' then when the next box opens, change settings (at top right hand corner) to JPEG
        The Female Zone

Comment

Working...
        X