• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fly fisher
    Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2009

How do you the Edit box and Combo Box

I've notice that if I wanted to create a (Go to My cart Page) I need to use an Edit or Combo Box. Are there any instructions anywhere on how to set them up step by step? Thanks
  • DarrenC
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Re: How do you the Edit box and Combo Box

You are not being clear?? A combo box is used on a form to collect info.

You may need a 'Go Menu' which allows a drop down of pages that can be visited. You just need to create the pages and link to them. One of them could be your Cart Page I guess.

Edit box - why would you need this?

As I said your question is not clear, what are you selling?, are you using paypal buttons? or something else?

Repost this question but in more detail.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• fly fisher
      Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2009

Your right I want my customer to click on a button or window or something from a parts list. One buttom will be the part Number the other will be the quantity. This will then take them to a checkout page where they can choose between Paypal or google pay. But all the information will be in front of them. I thought that I had asked this before and someone told me that I needed to use the edit or combo boxes.
      THANKS

Comment

• DarrenC
        Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Before I start offering any suggestions, how many products are we talking about?
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• fly fisher
          Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2009

A thousand plus, These are tiny parts but there are many. one customer nay only by one then another may buy 10. Butstill there are many.

Comment

• DarrenC
            Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

You may wish to consider Soholaunch which is another Vodahost product. Ideal for an ecommerce solution
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• fly fisher
              Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2009

So how am Isuppose to chang without getting lost in the maze of products?

Comment

• DarrenC
                Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Originally posted by fly fisher View Post
                So how am Isuppose to chang without getting lost in the maze of products?
                What do you mean??
                Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• fly fisher
                  Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2009

Soholaunch is this product interchangable with the BV product that I'm using now? I seen it on the tutorial page, but how would I use it now that I have already nearly completed my web site? or are you allowed to pick items from it to use on my web site now? Thanks
                  If not the does anyone know how to create a seperat checkout page?

Comment

• navaldesign
                    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

The functionality you are asking for is a shopping cart.
                    There are no carts that can be embedded directly in BlueVoda, unless you get a custom made one, like this one.
                    Your other solution is to use Soholaunch or any other shopping cart script, and link your existing BV site to the cart pages.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• fly fisher
                      Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2009

At this time if I needed a custom shopping cart, am I able to custom design one with my BV elements available to me now, without going into soholaunch? I understand that I would create a shopping cart page then add eddit buttons??? to each item that will transfer information like Item#--Qty--etc. to my shopping cart page where the the customer will then choose how to pay. I'm finding this this will be my only solution.
                      Thanks

Comment

• fly fisher
                        Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2009

After setting up a paypal button If you look in the pay pal dialog box in -options it says something about Edit boxes and combo boxes. I went ahead and installed an Edit Bx, now what How do they inter act with each other??AGAIN no instructions how to use them in regards to a paypal button. I think this is what I need Instead of a seperate cart page.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I believe that you are not clear yet on what you want.

In your above posts you mentioned that you wanted something that would:

1. Allow your customers to select products
                          2. Decide if they want to checkout through PayPal or Google.

This can NOT be done with the PayPal Add to CArt buttons, as there will be NO option to checkout with Google, only with PayPal.

If Paypal is sufficient for you, you can setup a PayPal cart, which is something that you can do in PayPal's site. In PayPal's site you can also create, for each product, the necessary "Add to CArt" button, which you will then add in your web pages, close to your products.
                          These buttons are provided by PAyPal as HTML code that you need to copy and then paste in a HTML box in your page. When published (or previewed) this HTML box will display the Add to Cart button.

In the same way, PayPal provides you with the View CArt button code, that you also can add in your pages.

If, instead, you want to allow ALSO Google Checkout, you NEED a shopping Cart. Users select products, add them to the cart, and at the end, they decide if they prefer PayPal or Google Checkout.

Yes, you can build such a cart with BV's tools, BUT do you know how to write the necessary php code that does the work ? (Calculations, product uploads, shipping and tax calculations, customer info storage in the Database, tc)
                          In PayPa's

Either you use a PayPal Cart, in which case you add Add to Cart buttons (NOT editboxes)
                          Navaldesign
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• fly fisher
                            Staff Sergeant

• Dec 2009

THANKS for All your input. I have installed paypal buttons before in another web site. These I seam to understand. But now After reserching more, I have found the necessary Google checkout buttons-shopping cart Html inserts to put into my page properties html. There are 3 types of checkout buttons. Now It asks me to put this 1 of 2 html code into my page html in a certain place. one went in fine and now my (view cart button) is on my page in the upper rt. hand corner, and it stays still as the page moves. I'm finding now that I can't place the second code where I want in my page properties html. this code is the (checkout button). Now you mentioned PHP code. Is this something to get around html code?
                            or is this so way over my head its not worth trying it my self? It seams that I can use microsoft Front page recreate my html page easier than BV? I guess all I'm trying to do is have 2 checkout buttons for my Items or One set of buttons to go to a checkout page as you said. Some have to be multi functional, such as (size) and (Qty) and (Item #) Google checkout has this but I can't get into my html.
                            I know this is not hard for a programer But I have been loving to learn about this stuff after being a contractor all my life.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You are doing it wrong.

For each of the buttons, get the code for the buttons from PayPal and Google.
                              Then drag a HTML box in your page, make it approx the size of the button, and position it where you want it to appear in the page.
                              Paste the code of the button in the HTML box.

Repeat for all buttons that you need to add in your page.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X