Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with weblinks contamination

Brad,

This is addressed to you. I am revisiting this issue with my company website: DieboldPwr.com - Weblink cross contamination issue. I need your advice since you are the smartest of your IT people, and probably part owner of Vodahost.

The cross contamination is happening in the weblinks graphs and text of the buttons. I deleted the webpages (.html) using the FTP Manager. I ran virus and spyware on the webpages I created at my end, plus redid the weblinks also, and then uploaded them (published them) again. After a few days, the weblinks to the pages get messed up again!

What is the reason why from your side, you cannot run a AVG antivirus and spyware program (such as spydoctor) on the area of the server that is controlling my website? This would delete or purge any trojan or other program that is messing with the website.

Sample cross contamination page: http://www.dieboldpwr.com/faq.html

Instead of the title reading FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS, the Link Button from my other page upsrfq.html (Service Button) is now showing as the Title of my faq.html page.

Fred Diebold
    CEO

Re: Problem with weblinks contamination

I take it you have fixed the issue?
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Thought I did, but I have noticed that several of my pages I have just replaced (Uploaded), after deleting them on the server, are again messed up (links) after a few days, please see actual below link of one of the pages:

http://www.dieboldpwr.com/faq.html

It now has '2' Home buttons showing. The top Home button originally when uploaded was 'Contact'.

This is so frustrating. It is as if the website hosting operating software that deals with web links is messed up and doing this to my pages at random. This is why I requested to see if you could run a virus and spyware on your server.

Question out of desperation: Is there a way to create a temporary second website without the expense of applying for a new website name just to try to reload the website from scratch, then if it is stable, delete the original website and rename the temporary second new website to my original name.

My corporate website has, with .pdf files, about 36 pages to it. I do not want to destroy it unless I can prove that a new website will work properly and be stable - My company cannot afford to be without a website!!

Best Regards,

Fred

CEO
      Diebold Power Solutions LLC

Comment

I see no "Home" buttons at all unless you are calling the "Alber" button home?
        Then I see a Alber and a Alber Service button.
        There are 2 "Line Sheet" buttons, however.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Another point...Your navigation panel changes from page to page. To me, it is very confusing. Ideally, you should be able to navigate from any page to any page without having to use the "Back" button in your browser.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Screenshot
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Apologize,

This day has been a very busy business day which is good news for the company. Yes you are right, instead of Home buttons, they are Line Sheet buttons. The top Line Sheet button should be 'Contact'. How do I stop this from happening - The button names change???

Fred

I am now also looking into your comment about the back button showing.

Comment

The back button is in your browser...not the website.
                Are you making any changes at all to the website? At any point are you changing the button?
                It has to do with copying and pasting.
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Comment: If I remake the button, I do it from scratch. Once the deleted page is done by going through the ftp manager and the buttons on the page are redone on my end, I upload the revised page (new buttons created) to your server. This should take care of any contamination, but many times one of the navigation button image gets messed up only after a few days.

Today: I am going to redo the bad page buttons, delete the pages off your server and upload the revised pages again. I am trying to fit this in while running a growing company.

Question: How do I get the webpage to not show the back button and toolbars?? Bit confused on your observation!

Fred

Comment

You cannot get the back button to not show. It's in your browser. That's not what I meant.
                    You should be able to get to every page on your site from every page on your site.
                    Some pages have 4 or 5 buttons and others have 12 or more. Each page should have the same links present.
                    Check out my personal site. See how the menu gets you to every page no matter what page you are on?
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

Your pages are very wide. I use a 19" and have scroll left/right.
                      CarbonTerry
                      Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                      Zone 5 Photo
                      My USMC

Comment

Working...
                      X