opening same page project in a different computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opening same page project in a different computer

i have installed bluevoda in two diferent computers and a page that i created in pc A, im not able to see it or edit it correctly in pc B....Why?....

Re: opening same page project in a different computer

BV uses the images / files that you use in your pages, from the location where they are.

To be able to move between different computers, create a subfolder, named "assets" in your BVfolder.
    Store all images, or other type files that you use, in that folder. When you move to another computer, you need to copy both the BV files AND the "assets" folder.

Not only, but you need to also update the assets each time: Tools, Asset Manager, Update and set the correct path to the files.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I've really struggled to make this work. I'm currently using a "test site" for try out the transfer of images from a PC to laptop. I've done everything above however I'm having a difficult time on the laptop choosing the correct path. The test site I'm using is www.blinkingglasses.com
      When I look at the properties of the main image (blinking glasses) the path is http://www.blinkingglasses.com/flashing-sun-glasses.gif and there are bv images that are on the page as well featured in the same URL path. However bv images are not visible through Windows explorer. So how do I ensure the path of the bv images on the laptop? And how would I do this if I was transferring from my PC to an assets folder before I transferred them to my laptop? How do I know where the bv images are stored?

The images that I uploaded are working out fine with the asset manager, the transfer and the Updating of the path... but not the BV images. Thanks much for your help. I've been struggling to find the answer.
      Last edited by stulynn; 03-07-2010, 11:47 PM. Reason: grammatical errors

Comment

I think I've got it and hopefully this will help others. It's just like Navaldesign said be sure to have ALL of your images in an assets folder (as a subfolder to your domain folder) and in the assets folder be sure ALL of your images are there INCLUDING the bv images. I was able to do this by right clicking on each of the bv images (on the web) and saving them in the assets folder. Then once you transfer the domain folder with the subfolder assets to your next computer you update each of the paths which will refer back to the images in the Assets folder. Perhaps everyone got this but me but if you didn't I hope this helps! :)

Comment

Working...
        X