Problem with BV & Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with BV & Windows 7

I have a new computer that's running Windows 7. (Previously I was running Windows 2000 Pro). I downloaded all of by BV files to the new computer and also downloaded the new version of BV from this website. My problem is this:
    When I open any of my pages they are messed up (paragraphs overlapping, pics wrong size, etc.). I'm afraid that if I correct these and re-publish they may show up on the internet incorrectly. Currently everything is fine.

Paul
    americaneaglesigning.com

Re: Problem with BV & Windows 7

Try editing a problematic page and preview it in your browser. If it previews fine, it will publish fine. You can also test it giving the page another name and viewing it after publishing.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks - I was afraid that would be the answer! I was hoping there was a quick fix for Windows 7 that would render my pages the same as before in Windows 2000 so I wouldn't have to do as you suggested. Damn windows OS's!

Comment

Actually, BV works just fine in 7 , but the one I tried has been a clean installation.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi naveldesign,
          I agree that a clean installation will work with BV but if you could, open Windows 7 and load a BV file that you did previously with an earlier version of Windows and see if its messed up like I described mine looked like yesterday.
          Fortunately, I have my old computer (Windows 2000) still running so I'm OK for now.
          I would still like to be able to use my existing files with Windows 7 but right now it appears that I'll have to re-create them. Bummer!

Comment

Open BV>Tools>options>folder>document and set the path to the folder that you stored your BlueVoda files and folders.

The path in Win 2000/XP is different to the path in Win 7.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
            X